'Handy' shovel with holes in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Handy' shovel with holes in it?

Last edited by Blindpew; 10-08-2005, 03:48 AM.

Comment

The last time I saw one of those it was hanging by a Coke Stove.

Comment

Hi Colin, I have never seen one before, but I would tend to agree with Marc's observations. Most likely used in conjunction with the barracks stove.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thankyou both Marc and Ade for your input.

It sounds an ideal place for the shovel, as when it would be hanging it would almost be flat, so considering its size, still a good space saver.
          If you can remember Marc, did the stove itself have a place to hang it from? Its not important, I'm just trying to visulise it in 'its place'.

I had remembered from my model building days from many moons ago, that maybe Tanks had bits of kit like shovels and picks attatched to them for whatever purpose.

I know its not an exciting item but its certainaly unusual in its own way.

Again I appreciate the help guys.

Cheers

Comment

All I can remember is it was hung on the wall above the coke bucket miles away from the stove which was in the centre of the hut.

Comment

Holes

Sorry to be the Devil's advocate , but might they be holes to allow this to be attach to the outside of a vehicle?

Comment

Thanks again Marc.

If the shovel was for a stove, there would be a good chance that the holes would probably serve some purpose, perhaps to hook over latches to slide back the top for adding fuel, or to latch onto the ash tray? - it does seem impractical to have square holes to hang from nails though.
                Aave,I'll start looking through vehicle photos on the off chance that I might find something similar there and report back if anything turns up.

Cheers,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X