Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canadian Grenadier Guards

Hey guys,

What Beret did The Canadian Grenadier Guards wear?
    I think its rifle green, but not sure.
    Thanks guys

Canadian Grenadier Guards

Hello Para82nd,

What time frome are you looking for.

If I am not mistaken, during ww2 the CCG's were actually the 22 Armoured Regiment. Unless they had some weird regimental tradition, they should have worn the black beret of the RCAC. There was a shortage of canadian armoured units so they re-rolled some of the infantry units as armoured.

Currently the CCG's wear the Green beret except when in scarlets. In scarlets they wear the bearskin hats. I have a couple of friends that I went through training with in the CCG's and they have very interesting views about the bearskins.

Also in WW2, The Govenor Generals Foot Guards were the 21st Armoured Regiment and the Govenor General's Horse Guards were the 3rd Armoured Recce Regiment.

I hope that this has helped

Cam

Comment

WWII

They should have worn the Kahki beret, but since they were attached to an armoured unit dureing the entire war, does that mean they would switch to the black or stay with there Khaki? Thats what i'm confused about

Comment

CCG's head dress

Originally posted by Para82nd
        WWII

They should have worn the Kahki beret, but since they were attached to an armoured unit dureing the entire war, does that mean they would switch to the black or stay with there Khaki? Thats what i'm confused about
        The thing is that they were not attached to an armoured unit, they actually were an armoured unit. I can't recal when all of the canadian infantry units changed to the kahki beret but I do know that the cavalry units all swiched from the fordged cap directly to the black beret. The problem with Canadian Regiments is that they all have there own little traditions that don't always follow the dress reg's. In all reality I could not see Gen Worthington allow a unit not to wear the black beret. I will inquire with a friend of mine who is an expert on the RCAC.

Cam

Comment

Yeah, the CGG have always bveen really traditional, but i don't know much of there commander dureing WWII.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X