Polish II Corp Militaria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antoni Zawadzki
    Both of the occupying armies had gone to considerable effort to prevent any escape of Polish military personnel out of the country. Needless to say, identification documents, whether real or not (in cases where identity was to me masked) were critical in the escape and survival process. Ones very life hinged on the ability to verify (or hide) real identity by means of a nothing more than a piece of paper....
    Hi Tony !!

How true regarding the power of a single piece of paper !!! I have my father's "release" and "permission to travel" document issued to him from the Soviet gulag when he was released. The document is signed by the area's governing NKVD official. My Dad carried this document with him throughout the entire war...just in case...

Thanks,

Vic

Comment

Originally posted by vicjoy1945
      How true regarding the power of a single piece of paper !!! I have my father's "release" and "permission to travel" document issued to him from the Soviet gulag when he was released. The document is signed by the area's governing NKVD official. My Dad carried this document with him throughout the entire war...just in case...
      Vic,

Thank you for that great corroborating account!

Regards,

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X