Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic badges

Hello all,

As promised, here are all my plastic badges. What do you think?

Marc
    Attached Files

unfortunatly, some are missing a piece on the back.
    Attached Files

Comment

All look good, many of these plastic badges are nowadays missing their original fittings.

The Cheshire one I bought a few weeks ago for £22, the corps badges & RAF are unremarkable & don't usually cost mpore than £5 - £10, other than the ATS badge which is seen in dealers lista about $20 - £30.

The RAC is currently on dealers lists at £25 - £45, the Welch Regt & DLI about £45, the KRRC at £18 although it's sometimes offered at twice that price. The Middlesex about £18, though I was offered one a few days ago at £10.
      I recently saw the HLI at £85, but that's about twice what I'd want to pay.

The Para Regt - some people will try to convince others that it's worth hundreds, but I've seen it listed recently at £110, though again I'd want to pay half that.
      Last edited by leigh kitchen; 06-26-2005, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Hi Marc,

Nice badges, thanks for showing! I believe I recognise the DLI badge, I sold it to an American collector last year.
        The REME badge seems to have a bubbled surface, right? So does my signals badge, it would be a nightmare should it happen to all plastic badges.
        Cheers, Luc

Comment

Thank you for the info on the value. I apreciate but I dont sell them. if I do one day i will post the whole stuff on the forum.

No Luc, you can not recognise the HLI badge... I have this one for over 20 years. It is a souvnier of a old colection I had ones....
          Yes, some badges are damadged, they seems to be sick, some type of lepra... Hopefully not contagious. same thing can happen with aluminium items. Wartime coins for example.

marc
          Originally posted by lnijherald
          Hi Marc,

Nice badges, thanks for showing! I believe I recognise the DLI badge, I sold it to an American collector last year.
          The REME badge seems to have a bubbled surface, right? So does my signals badge, it would be a nightmare should it happen to all plastic badges.
          Cheers, Luc

Comment

Can tell you how many of each badge were made & between which dates.......

Comment

Hello Leigh hope you are ok havent heard from you for a while .

Anyway could someone tell me when plastic badges were first issued in WW2 >Thankyou Rob
              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hi Robb, please see this old thread I did about them:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=47770

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Interestingly Bosleys' auction house recently auctioned a First pattern (RAC within wreath) RAC badge the metal version of which was supposed to have been replaced in 1941. This badge is not in K&K or in any other article or publication that I have seen. It may well have been a trial pattern that never went into production.

There are also a number of different coloured badges out there which add further variations - I have had a silver GS corps and a bronze Notts and Derby which were normally made in brown and silver repsectively. You also get Hampshire ones in silver or bronze colours.

Alan

Comment

Are the plastic badges faked at all ? If so, any tell tale signs on what to look out for ?

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Yes they are Marcus, I posted pictures of a genuine Parachute Regt badge and a fake one last year. I also have a fake AAC cap badge, I'll see if I can show a picture of it tonight.

Cheers, Luc

Comment

The fakes are made by a Dutchman and from the front look OK-ish but the backs are rough and the brass prongs appear to be cut down paper binders. They are easily spoted form the back. Designs that particular individual (and I am being polite) has faked are Para regt, GS Corps (why I don't know as genuine ones as only worth £4) RA Grenade, RSIGNALS and Gilder regt.

Alan

Comment

Nice selection of badges

Cheers Garth

Comment

Here's the front of my replica AAC badge

Comment

Back:

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X