Canadian Parachute Corps Officer Badge and Collars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Parachute Corps Officer Badge and Collars

Man, I've had a busy week. Here is my most recent ...and expensive purchase. When oppurtunity knocks, you have to buy (but not tell the spouse). I had to buy these as there were matching collar badges. All three conform exactly to the known examples.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files

Canadian Para Reverse

the backs.
    Attached Files

Comment

Lovely!

Comment

Crumbs ,they are beautiful I can understand why you went for them .Rob.
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hi there,

All I can say is WOW!!!!! . That is a fantastic set. Very very nice. Congratulations.

Cheers,
          Greg

Comment

Hello,

What a wonderfull group of 1 Can Para items, congratulations on your purchase. I checked some of my research books and this is what I found out. The cap badge could be a private purchase item that was manufactured by "Wm Scully Montreal", it was available for purchase in the spring of 1943. Your collar badges are as you know very rare and were made by the same manufacturer. when the chance comes along to purchase such items you have to move quickly. Thanks for sharing these items.

Gerry

Comment

Thanks guys for the kind comments. Someone else in the forum picked up one of the hat badges not to long ago and this started me thinking about the CPC stuff. I had already in my collection a plastic(bakalight) one and several shoulder titles and wings so this almost completes the collection. I'm missing the brass WW2 version and eventually I'll pick one up and make a nice display.

From the same source I may be able to pick up a WW2 Canadian para helmet. Assuming it's good in all respects, what would be the price range for one? While I like a deal as much as the next collector, I don't want to low-ball the guy with my offer but make a offer that respects him as a colllector and guardian of history.

Cheers,
              G

Comment

Nice badges

When you say WW2 Canadian Para helmet what exactly do you mean? One used by a Canadian para? I presume thats what you mean because the Canadians used British para helmets and never made their own version. Price depends on condition and what model it is. For example an early fibre rim will be worth a hell of a lot more than a late model with web chin straps.

Comment

Am I just a bit naive?

Oh oh Des, you mean I have to actually know what I'm talking about??? You mean there are different types? I was thinking about the one that has the same shell as the dispatch rider helmet.

Trust is a dangerous aflliction in collecting circles but I do trust my source. I don't think he would lead me astray. His discription is that it is in good shape without any divisional/regimental symbols or identifying writing. I don't think it can be traced to any one regiment or person. Obviously, I should at least see it and do just a bit more research before a spend 4-500 bucks.

Greg

Comment

Hi Greg,

Thinking out loud here but if it cannot be traced to any particular person, why would your source describe it as a Canadian para helmet He could be talking about a Canadian DR helmet that was modified post war for paratrooper use? The value of one of those helmets is much lower than a bonafide wartime para helmet. I think you would be lucky to get an untouched late model WW2 para helmet with web chin straps for $500 canadian. They usually go for a bit more. I would be cautious despite your trust in the source. Not all people misrepresent items out of malice, sometimes it is just ignorance but having said that he turned up trumps with the can para badges so maybe its all good. Try and get photos and post them here if you like. If photos are not available at least ask him what type of chin straps, maker marks & date it has.

Comment

markings

Hi Sabertasche

They are a nice set of Scully Officers badges. I need to ask you. What is the full mark on the back of the collar? it looks like it has something extra?
                      It looks as though they have the Scully roman soldiers head, scully name and sterling. Is that all that is there?

Would appreciate the info.

thanks

Ken

Originally posted by sabertasche
                      the backs.

Comment

Hi Ken, the markings on the collar badge are: SCULLY LTD MONTREAL STERLING Roman Head.

Greg

Comment

Cdn Para Corps

HI Greg

Thanks for that info. For some reason it looked like there was something else there. Nice fully marked set. Some are not fully marked.

Ken

Hi Ken, the markings on the collar badge are: SCULLY LTD MONTREAL STERLING Roman Head.

Greg

Comment

Thanks guys for the kind comments. Someone else in the forum picked up one of the hat badges not to long ago and this started me thinking about the CPC stuff. I had already in my collection a plastic(bakalight) one and several shoulder titles and wings so this almost completes the collection. I'm missing the brass WW2 version and eventually I'll pick one up and make a nice display.

From the same source I may be able to pick up a WW2 Canadian para helmet. Assuming it's good in all respects, what would be the price range for one? While I like a deal as much as the next collector, I don't want to low-ball the guy with my offer but make a offer that respects him as a colllector and guardian of history.

Cheers,
                            G
                            Dear Sabertasche,

With all respect but how do you know its a Canadian para helmet? By the way very nice insignia!!

Jeroen

Comment

ohh, didn`t read the tread! Des sayd it all!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X