Medal Order for Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal Order for Wear

I was watching Trooping the Colour this afternoon and noticed something interesting about the order the Irish Guards were wearing medals.

The order I have seen in the past was GSM, 1st Gulf War. However the order that the Guards were wearing was 2nd Gulf War, GSM.

Does this mean that the 2nd Gulf War medal now takes precedence over all other medals (other than Gallantry) including 1st Gulf War?

Was the 1st Gulf War a war or a UN sanctioned conflict which is why it comes after the GSM in order of wear?

Does anyone have the latest listing for the order medals should be mounted and worn?

Cheers

Graeme

Should simply mean that they were awarded in that order.
    UN medals & Brit campaign medals run in the order they were awarded, you may find eg UN Cyprus followed by the CSM for NI etc.
    I have a swing mounted pair of UN Congo with CSM NI which appears to have been awarded to a n ex Eire squaddie who joined the British army. The UN medal is worn first, though this was'nt originally the case with UN medals - I can't remember when the regs were changed so that they were no longer treated as "foreign" awards to be worn after the British ones.
    Last edited by leigh kitchen; 06-11-2005, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that. Must have had a mind block as I can't recall seeing anything before a GSM recently.

Cheers

Graeme

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X