26th Indian patch real or petehal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26th Indian patch real or petehal

Just got this in ,whats the concensus of opinion on it is it real or a Pakistani copy ,cheers Rob.
    Attached Files
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Originally posted by ROBB
    Just got this in ,whats the concensus of opinion on it is it real or a Pakistani copy ,cheers Rob.
    The reverse with some gunge.Rob. or
    Attached Files

Comment

Rob,

I'd bet it is a petehal. Most I've seen have a side on view of the tigers hear wereas this is face on. Illustrated in Cole book and Morris pamplet as side on for the tiger's head.
      Here is one from my collection.

Garth

Comment

Rear view
        Attached Files

Comment

Not a "petehal" but more a "geogeodude" I'd say. I've seen this style of patch around recently and they've all looked very similar (yes, all the units) - construction and colours used etc. "geogeodude" has been selling a whole series of these recently some fetching some rather nice prices. Look closely on his past auctions and you'll be able to see they're all look near enough the same. His name's George Hallam ex-reg SAS.

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Comparison.
            Attached Files

Comment

Comp 2
              Attached Files

Comment

Btw, I forgot to add, they're all fake IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts
                  Not a "petehal" but more a "geogeodude" I'd say. I've seen this style of patch around recently and they've all looked very similar (yes, all the units) - construction and colours used etc. "geogeodude" has been selling a whole series of these recently some fetching some rather nice prices. Look closely on his past auctions and you'll be able to see they're all look near enough the same. His name's George Hallam ex-reg SAS.

Thanks, from Jack.
                  Jack,
                  You're right more of a "georgedude" than a "petehal", I hadn't thought of his stuff. Any idea were his are coming from? I think he got higher bids because the usual cast of characters hadn't seen his goods before. He would have been smarter to put a few at a time. He did; however have a couple of good pieces and some good aussie 50's bits. By the way I mailed your titles today.
                  Cheers,
                  Garth

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Thompson
                    Jack,
                    You're right more of a "georgedude" than a "petehal", I hadn't thought of his stuff. Any idea were his are coming from? I think he got higher bids because the usual cast of characters hadn't seen his goods before. He would have been smarter to put a few at a time. He did; however have a couple of good pieces and some good aussie 50's bits. By the way I mailed your titles today.
                    Cheers,
                    Garth
                    Hello Garth,
                    I don't actually know where they are all coming from but he sure has them in quantity doesn't he!!?? I have also seen quite a few of these at the UK fairs, although the main source still remains unknown to me. Yeah, you're right he should have taken it more slowly! You're right - he did have a few good pieces including those aussie bits - I managed to get a few pieces from him.

Thanks, from Jack.
                    PS. I'll let you know when the titles arrive! Cheers!

Comment

Jack,

Does this guy claim to be ex-sas by his own admission?

His name's George Hallam ex-reg SAS.

Comment

In his defence ,he sold these in the badges/patches section not the ww2 section and it and another was only 12 quid ,I checked his previous and saw Jack there so I thought I was safe ,Its a tricky old game this patch collecting ,I prefer the printed variety as they dont seem to have been forged as much ,thanks for your thoughts guys I shall put it through the shredder .Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB
                          In his defence ,he sold these in the badges/patches section not the ww2 section and it and another was only 12 quid ,I checked his previous and saw Jack there so I thought I was safe ,Its a tricky old game this patch collecting ,I prefer the printed variety as they dont seem to have been forged as much ,thanks for your thoughts guys I shall put it through the shredder .Rob.
                          Rob,
                          Don't put it through the shredder. What I do when I get tagged with a ringer, and we all do, is save them in a seperate album so I can show newer collectors how to identify a reproduction. Maybe our moderator can help set up a fake gallery on this forum like the TR boyos do.
                          Garth

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X