Polish para I believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish para I believe

Polish, I believe, but any ideas on his unit and the period?

Yes WWII Polish Para, no idea on the unit because it's a B&W photo.

Comment

Workshop collars

Looks like he's wearing the "workshop" pattern collar kites. (Non regulation metal chutes ... seen them a few times on walking out BD's etc).

Shame the photo does show real further detail ... jump wing etc ....

.. 2nd pattern Beret so at least 43 onwards ... but I have the gut feeling that this is probably late 44 onwards ....

Gary J.

Comment

Nice picture, it seems the Poles are taking over the forum .

Could he be wearing the flannel shirt with attached collar? That would make it late '44 indeed.
        Regards, Luc

Comment

Shhhhhhhh ....

[QUOTE=lnijherald]Nice picture, it seems the Poles are taking over the forum

Shhhhhhhh ......... (Don't tell Ade !! )

Gary J.

Comment

I have no problem with that It has been noted

Actually, I am really pleased that people are posting their Polish stuff here. Not strictly "Brit or Commonwealth" (well the basic uniform might have been) but as Gary knows it is a subject I am interested in too

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Swooped

Ade .. You swooped faster than a proverbial . "Sh*te-hawke" ..

Ade "Bullseye" Stevenson strikes again !!

..Don't anything get by "these" moderators !!!!!!!
              ..... Big Brother is watching !!!

Gary J

[QUOTE=Adrian Stevenson]I have no problem with that It has been noted

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                Actually, I am really pleased that people are posting their Polish stuff here. Cheers, Ade.
                So am I Ade, their kit has a right to be discussed here.
                And I can add that I find them brave men, we (the Dutch) owe a lot to them and they often don't get the credit they rightfully deserve. They have funny names though..

By the way, isn't it time someone wrote a reference book about their insignia in English?
                Regards, Luc

Comment

Originally posted by lnijherald
                  So am I Ade, their kit has a right to be discussed here.
                  And I can add that I find them brave men, we (the Dutch) owe a lot to them and they often don't get the credit they rightfully deserve. They have funny names though..

By the way, isn't it time someone wrote a reference book about their insignia in English?
                  Regards, Luc
                  Luc - Thank you for the sentiments.... not only for the people and the monuments and memory in Driel and Breda, but also for the 5 months I spent living in Amsterdam in 1972.

Gary - you are correct about the "workshop" "Patki", but that type was most frequently made in Germany when there was a lot of time on the soldiers hands (when not going after the girls in the Spadochronowo or Maczkowo camps).... often made in silver, many were real art with separate canopy, risers and payload.

Ade.... Cheers, glad you are making us Poles welcome, but don't complain when we steal your women - and we did it without the copious amounts of food, money and PX items that the Yanks had!

Comment

Polish ref. in English

Hey Luc,
                    This is reference book is the best (in English) I can find. It has B&W pictures and most badges do not have pictures of the reverse but it is still very , very good reference. Hopefully he will publish 2nd edition soon.
                    Hope this helps!
                    Thomas

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6536267658

Comment

Originally posted by George C.
                      Luc - Thank you for the sentiments also for the 5 months I spent living in Amsterdam in 1972.
                      Hi George, haha yes for some people it was and is heaven on earth. To me it has lost its charm, probably because I worked there for some time.

Originally posted by luftwaffe303
                      This is reference book is the best (in English) I can find.
                      Thanks Thomas, that would be what I'm looking for! I just quickly browsed his online shop, very nice items there!
                      Cheers, Luc

Comment

Hello All

Dont know if this helps but i asked my next door neighbour who is polish and was in the special forces about the picture , He could not tell me what regiment it was but he said the cap badge was for polish paratroopers who dropped into belgium , may be this might throw some light
                        andy

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                          I have no problem with that It has been noted

Actually, I am really pleased that people are posting their Polish stuff here. Not strictly "Brit or Commonwealth" (well the basic uniform might have been) but as Gary knows it is a subject I am interested in too

Cheers, Ade.
                          Hi Ade !!

I second your motion !! I really enjoying seeing and learning more about WWII Polish exile militaria. There's not much reference material out there (at least that I'm aware of) and I'm always learning something new from the post I've seen of late regarding this collecting genre. I will post pics as soon as time allows me the opportunity to shoot em. I have a fairly wide array of WWII Polish exile militaria. I also have a very unique pre-1939 photo album that belonged to a Polish cavalry officer. I have to figure a way to shoot pics or scan photos from this album. I have another photo album of a Polish air gunner who served with the RAF in WWII.

Cheers !!

Vic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X