Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaiters??

Hi
    Is this british gaiters ww2 or postwar or just some other country??

/Jacob
    Last edited by Jacob Andreasen; 07-25-2009, 03:43 PM.

Hi Jacob,

They look like WW2 made examples but British made ones will have a broadarrow stamp /|\, Canadian made ones a C Broadarrow /|\ and so on + dates. I am not familiar with the marking ANH? The number 4 refers to the size.

Comment

Hi Jacob, while these are certainly patterned on the British 1937 pattern web anklets, I would say these are not WW2 British or Commonwealth issue. I too am not sure of the markings but they do look "foreign". The combination of leather straps with non brass, painted hardwear is something that would not be found on wartime British examples too.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
        The combination of leather straps with non brass, painted hardwear is something that would not be found on wartime British examples too.
        Cheers, Ade.
        Ade, I have a pair of British ones dated 1943 that have gunmetal buckles and leather straps. But I agree these are a bit funny.
        Luc

Comment

British gaiters were a yellowish colour with either matching canvas or leather straps. Post war were a more greener shade with black leather straps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X