Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Aircraft' inscribed Pocket Watch

Hello Guys

I picked this yesterday during my travels. Seems interesting. Could anybody tell what era this watch would be and who it was issued to? If issued of course. I will be putting it on the E-Stand to fund my new venture. Cheers.
    Attached Files

The inscribing on the back, what is 'Mark 196'
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice clean movement. Works like a charm
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tom, while an attractive looking watch I don't think that you will find it is a military issue item. British military issue watches are a study in their own right, but they will be found with markings to the back such as "GSTP" (General Service Time Peice) plus a WD broad arrow and serial number.

Yours will be a commercial "military style " watch.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Cheers Ade. Yeah I thought the same. It reminds of 'nam zippo lighters.

Thanks again

Comment

Nice time piece. I'd date it around the late 1920s - early 1930s, when the popularity of general aviation was at its height. The engraved image looks like a slightly later addition - very late '30s. I've enver heard of the manufacturers Aircraft though.

Comment

Hi Tony
              My dad collects watches and clocks, if you see my Living room you'll se what I'm talking about! I have never heard of the name Aircraft either, sounds a bit too cliche

PS I have now listed it http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=103791

Comment

HIYA , nice item , i think this is one of those
                " dont part with it until your sure its not want you want items " it may well turn out to some thing a bit good
                thanks for showing ,Michael.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X