Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Book - 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion

Hello All,

I hope it is ok for me to post this here....I am still kind of new to the forum.

I have recently published a book on the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion.

It’s called Boys of the Clouds, An Oral History of the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion 1942-45.

I have compiled the stories and experiences of over 70 veterans of the Battalion. The book encompasses the whole war-time history of the unit. [Joining Up, Training (Benning, Shilo and Ringway), D-Day and Normandy, Return to England, The Ardennes, The Rhine Jump, The Run to Wismar, POWs and Homecoming.] It is 450 pages, with over 45 war-time photos, most of which have never been published.

I have been collecting to the 1st Can Para for many years and have a very strong interest in their history as well. I am not a professional; this was just a 10-year labour of love.

Thank you very much for your time.

Gary
    Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 05-27-2005, 02:11 PM.

Hi Gary, strictly speaking it is against the forum rules to advertise in a thread. However, I will allow the thread to stand but I have removed the obvious contact info. I am sure that people will PM and email you via the forum

Your book sounds very interesting

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
      Hi Gary, strictly speaking it is against the forum rules to advertise in a thread. However, I will allow the thread to stand but I have removed the obvious contact info. I am sure that people will PM and email you via the forum

Your book sounds very interesting

Cheers, Ade.
      Ade,

Thank you very much for allowing it to stand, as I mentioned, it is more of a labour of love than a grand commercial venture.

Regards,

Gary

Comment

Compliments

Although a German collector, I also carry a strong fastenation with Canada's role in Europe in 1944/45 and have a complete WWII Canadian combat display.

I have just got a copy of this book and must say it is a refreshing change from traditional history books. The first hand accounts make for a compelling and emotional read. I would love to collect Canadian Para, but it looks like it is starting to get just a expensive as collecting FJ stuff!

My complements to the author for an amazing effort!

Sincerely,

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X