British & Canadian Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British & Canadian Pins

Here are some British & Canadian pins. I never researched them to find out what units they are from but I just thought I would post them. Supposedly they came from a Doctor that brought them back from his patients. I have some letters from the Doctor & a few bullets that he removed from his patients.

Thanks,
    Del
    Attached Files

The brass shoulder titles in the first frame are WWI vintage, I think and are, left to right, top to bottom:
    The Durham Light Infantry [Br]
    Canada curved shoulder - CEF, 1914-1920s
    The Yorkshire Regiment [Br]
    The Seaforth Highlanders [Br]
    The Army Service Corps The York and Lancaster Regiment
    The York and Lancaster Regiment [Br]
    The Royal Dublin Fusiliers [Br]

Comment

Again, left to right, top to bottom:

dark Maltese cross badge with bugle horn in centre - The Rifle Regiment [Br]
      upright animal holding pennant - ??? m- too small to see clearly
      Sphinx in a wreath over a rose - The East Lancashire Reg't [Br]
      grenade with rose in centre - The Royal Fusiliers (City of London Regiment) [Br]
      maple leaf - generic cap badge worn by all Canmadian troops WWI until they reached a battalion and were issued one for that specific battalion
      crossed pick and rifle - Pioneer Battalion [WWI, Br.] collar badge - worn in matched pairs, left and right and with cloth patches on the sleeves to indicate which Battalion it was - there were 70 by the end of the war
      castle on a star, below a crown - The East Surrey Reg't [Br]
      grenade badge with wreath and Prince of Wales plumes on base - The Royal Welsh Fusiliers Br]
      cannon - generic Royal Artillery [Br]
      bottom right - man on horse? on a grenade - ???
      Can't see the buttons vefry well but the one with a leek on it - second row - is probably the Welsh Guards

Comment

British & Canadian Pins

Peter,

thank you so much for all that information. That was more than I expected & thank you again for your time in doing this. Yes, the Doctor was in WW1.

Thanks,
        Del

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X