Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Merchant Marine?

Hey fellas,
    Anyone know what the heck this uniform is? The crown on the button looks merchant marine a little bit but I've never see it before.
    Any help is appreciated iding this one.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Not merchant navy, not sure on the buttons, someone here will help more, kings crown will date between GV5 and 6

Comment

Princess Louise Dragoon Guards. Lt. Colonel Mess uniform jacket. As stated George V or VI, so 1911-1951. Although based on the look of it, my guess is George V.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
        Princess Louise Dragoon Guards. Lt. Colonel Mess uniform jacket. As stated George V or VI, so 1911-1951. Although based on the look of it, my guess is George V.
        The 4th Princess Louise D Gds, aka 'The Plugs' served in both World Wars and were deactivated in 1965, going to the 'Supplementary List' of the Canadian Forces which amounts to 'virtual disbandment'. Did good service in WWII.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_Pr...Dragoon_Guards

Comment

Thanks guys! I wasn't even in the ballpark on this one....I was completely lost. I appreciate it the help yet again. I have acquired the uniform for my collection.
          Unfortunately its not named, I just have to get that shoulder board sewn back on.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X