Digital Camera Purchase Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Camera Purchase Advice Needed

With it being Cyber Monday here in the states, I was struck with the notion of finally getting a decent camera and ending the torturous viewing of my poor phone camera photos that you have all endured so graciously.

My Canon went rogue a long time ago (started draining even brand new batteries within minutes) and I have put off replacing it because I always preferred to spend that money on more militaria.

Perhaps the time has indeed come to grab a pry bar and attempt to open my wallet for a real camera.

I am not a "techie" and am therefore seeking advice on what to get. There is a major catch, however: I'd like to keep the price in the $2XX -3XX range. I'm not angling to spend $800-1000+ and compete for best photography on the forum. I just want to get a model that offers good bang for the buck and is a definite step up above my phone. I did a quick glance through Best Buy's website (haven't been to Amazon yet) and I think with the Cyber Monday deals my intent is not far-fetched.

So, what is a relatively inexpensive camera that will take decent photos with good close-up ability for badges, medals, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

I use a Sony cybershot and feel its pretty good

Comment

Go cheap, simple, low resolution and even used. This 1.8 mp Fuji sells used on eBay for $50
      Attached Files

Comment

Dp
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks gents! Can either of you post the actual model number? Did a quick search and there is a plethora of results.

Comment

model dsc-w80
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks jmcm. Researching that model right now.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X