Pop ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marcel banziger View Post
    since friday afternoon i get these while using mozilla firefox. Only when opening waf, not with any other website.
    +1..

Comment

Me too, a pain in the ass !

Comment

Im using Google Chrome, this seems to be affecting all browsers...

Comment

Yep getting this as well. Using Chrome.

Annoying much - but no naked bunnies

Comment

Pop ups

The site is becoming unusable due to pop ups

Russell

Comment

I wonder if someone in admin here can clarify if this is an outside intrusion or not ?

Been going on for days ,,, I have my cookies set to "Ask", as some sites of course you have to allow, then when it asks you can confirm or deny.
              These popups try to leave dozens of cookies if not 100's, I presume to track. Really cheesy if this was an inside move, kinda unnerving if not.

Comment

I am not having a problem with popups as yet here. If you want to see just how bad this can become log into the S&W forum where any non paying member is inundated with them. Their forum keeps freezing up due to the volume. It's a moneymaker for the forum owner(s) pure and simple.
                Jim

Comment

Popup = this sites security has been compromised. I'm concerned that the user info/passwords were compromised as well. I wouldn't bother changing anything until we have confirmation that the virus has been eradicated.

A communication from a WAF administrators stating they are addressing the issue would be helpful.

The popups are impacting multiple platforms/browsers....from my Ipad to my PC.

Has anyone reached out to a moderator notifying them of the issue?
                  Last edited by Berghof; 10-10-2016, 03:26 PM.
                  https://www.ww2treasures.com

Comment

Pop ups advertising

Yes agree, wtf is going on here every time I sign on to the forum I get bounced off and have to resign on again only to get pop ups and bounced off again! It's annoying as hell and becoming unusable at times!
                    Yes, last three days! Very annoying. Never a problem before We must have been hacked! can someone of the administration please help us!

John

Comment

Somethings not right...

Other pages are opening up for me when I log in.
                      Terraclicks.com opens up.

Comment

Still got the same problem with these pop ups after the forum has been closed for maintenance. Are these pop ups intended to raise money to maintain the forum or is there a problem with the security on this site?

Comment

I'd say the site is still compromised by malware/virus. Haven't heard any communication from the forum administrators.

Comment

It is happening to me also. Wont be on here for a while now.

Where is Admin

Is it being sorted

an email when sorted would be a good idea

Comment

I have sent an email to the boss at 'contact us'.
                              Hope we get an answer here on this forum page.
                              John

Comment

I just sent an email to Sebastian requesting that a global communication can be sent to all WAF users to help set expectations about the current popup situation.

Some inquired whether or not the redirects/popups are some kind of fund raising effort. I strongly urge that no one get involved with these redirects/pop ups in anyway as these are not fund raising efforts....they are scam efforts.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X