Homemade Camo test and opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Camo test and opinions?

so just to start things off, i have 2 jackets i really dont need but want to test some homemade camo, either strickentarn(DDR rain drop) or Sumpftarn(tan and water) on them. the idea was to use a old Czech army jacket or a Bundeswehr parka from 74. the parka was used everyday by me for 2 years as i need it for my job was in a freezer and cooler most of the day, so its pretty beaten up. the czech one is missing all buttons and the back flaps. thankfully i still have both minus one epaulet crossed sword button, it broke. i got it from a friend like 7 years ago(no idea what he was doin to it) and sat in a box. recently acquired some german gear i planned to use as a main loadout for whatever(camping/survival) but, i dont have any camo that match, and dont want to use any of my american stuff.i could just buy some, but strapped for cash right now plus i want to use either of the two so they dont sit there and take up space. I started using a permanent marker and off-set the streaks like morse code, Long and short dashes. i think there goin to be too wide, so ill have to use a fine tip marker so its would fade better in a wash or rain. they both are a little darker that the strickentarn. czech is normal brown, bund is light brown(prob from wear). if it didnt look right i could always use a zahltbahn or just buy some plain cloth with the print on it. there is new made cloth of older camo's http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/1640303

opinions? concerns?

both jackets and gear(left is Bund-right is czech)

camo over the bund

camo over the czech

i did a small test on czech already

if it came down to it, i could just modify american m56 field coat or a flecktarn light jacket i have thats way to big for me lol
    Flecktarn left, american m56 is right

*Update*

Comment

*update*plan on addings jute and some burlap for a half ghillie look with the rain drop underlay. have various colors of cloth to blend with. might repurpose the sight carrier. anyboby else done a ghillie before? i did plan to use RIT dye but i will look around. sewing machine in the works.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X