We should have a subforum topic dedicated for website error resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should have a subforum topic dedicated for website error resolution

As there are some growing pains with any new interface roll out...especially knowing this new site was quickly rolled out as an urgent solution to a major hardware failure, we should have a central location to report/log issues that need resolution.

We should have a common location/subforum (Website Error Log or something to that effect that's obvious) where members can log issues experienced with the new site. I think this is the quickest way we can get this site to become a well oiled machine.

Here are some of the more recent issues I've encountered.

1. Image uploading not so intuitive, we can't select an upload multiple images at one time. Also, for some reason, I see images that I uploaded into a thread displayed multiple times in multiple formats. I can provide examples if asked.

2. I was quoting someone in a thread and responding to him. This is the error I got.

3. Here's an error I received while trying to log in. I did put my user name in.

4. Here's an error when I tried to get into a subforum earlier.

Just trying to help. Hope you are able to dedicate a subforum for system issue resolution....for now, until the wrinkles get ironed out.

Regards,
    Mike

https://www.ww2treasures.com

and here's one more. I tried to subscribe to this thread and got this error.

Comment

Originally posted by Berghof View Post
      As there are some growing pains with any new interface roll out...especially knowing this new site was quickly rolled out as an urgent solution to a major hardware failure, we should have a central location to report/log issues that need resolution.

We should have a common location/subforum (Website Error Log or something to that effect that's obvious) where members can log issues experienced with the new site. I think this is the quickest way we can get this site to become a well oiled machine.

Here are some of the more recent issues I've encountered.

1. Image uploading not so intuitive, we can't select an upload multiple images at one time. Also, for some reason, I see images that I uploaded into a thread displayed multiple times in multiple formats. I can provide examples if asked.

2. I was quoting someone in a thread and responding to him. This is the error I got.

3. Here's an error I received while trying to log in. I did put my user name in.

4. Here's an error when I tried to get into a subforum earlier.

Just trying to help. Hope you are able to dedicate a subforum for system issue resolution....for now, until the wrinkles get ironed out.

Regards,
      Mike
      We have for about over a month https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...0#post11700248
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Was this communicated to everyone via email? It would help if that subforum was put on top of the main forum page, topic number 1. For me, from a look and feel perspective, all these subforums visually blend into each other and are not so easily seen.
        Last edited by Berghof; 07-31-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Berghof View Post
          Was this communicated to everyone via email? It would help if that subforum was put on top of the main forum page, topic number 1. For me, from a look and feel perspective, all these subforums visually blend into each other and are not so easily seen.
          That won't work most members know where to post any issues in our ongoing thread in the community forum created just after we switched prematurely to the new server. Hell Dietrich had a announcement posted at the top of ALL sub forums in bold type highlighted in grey about the upcoming server change for over a month and most members prabobly didn't bother to read it. So maybe instead of you posting your issues in the flag forum it wouldn't hurt to periodically check the community forum thread you might find the answers to any issues your having in there.
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X