WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting rid of subscriptions to threads and users.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting rid of subscriptions to threads and users.

For some reason the new system has subscribed me to every thread on which I have posted a comment. On the old system, I never subscribed to a thread nor received any notices of new posting. The same with users. Is there any way to remove them at one time or must each subscription-over a 100-be unsubscribed? Very aggravating.

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
    For some reason the new system has subscribed me to every thread on which I have posted a comment. On the old system, I never subscribed to a thread nor received any notices of new posting. The same with users. Is there any way to remove them at one time or must each subscription-over a 100-be unsubscribed? Very aggravating.
    On your user profile page ?
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Lenny, on my User Profile page there are two listings for Subscriptions and Subscribers. What do those mean? I find that I have 3168 subscriptions to threads I never subscribed to and there are 23 Subscribers? Are those formally friends. How can I get rid of 3168 subscriptions? The column to the right of my User Profile shows every post I have made to threads since this change over. And there is a space encouraging me to write something? What is that.

But to add to the confusion, on my Message Center, I have 100 Subscriptions to Posts and 53 subscriptions to Users. What does this all mean? I never subscribed to anything in the past and never received any notices of posts on the old system. This is screwy.

The format of the new forum has improved greatly, but seems oriented for "devices" rather than computers. I am always logged in with devices like my Iphone or Ipad, but I always must log in when using my compuer, even if the remember login is checked. I find reading and writing from a device to be inferior in ease and quality than using a computer.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
        Lenny, on my User Profile page there are two listings for Subscriptions and Subscribers. What do those mean? I find that I have 3168 subscriptions to threads I never subscribed to and there are 23 Subscribers? Are those formally friends. How can I get rid of 3168 subscriptions? The column to the right of my User Profile shows every post I have made to threads since this change over. And there is a space encouraging me to write something? What is that.

But to add to the confusion, on my Message Center, I have 100 Subscriptions to Posts and 53 subscriptions to Users. What does this all mean? I never subscribed to anything in the past and never received any notices of posts on the old system. This is screwy.

The format of the new forum has improved greatly, but seems oriented for "devices" rather than computers. I am always logged in with devices like my Iphone or Ipad, but I always must log in when using my compuer, even if the remember login is checked. I find reading and writing from a device to be inferior in ease and quality than using a computer.

Thank you.
        Joe in your profile page your subscribers is your old friends/contacts list,as far as the other big list of subscribed threads I'm not sure how to shut that off yet.
        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X