What was your first "Bender Book"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was your first "Bender Book"?

In honor of RJB, it would be interesting to know, as well as when did you get it, and do you still have it?

Mine was Angolia's Daggers, Bayonets & Fighting Knives of Hitlers Germany.
    Looked at it so much, it actually fell apart (which is really hard to do with a Bender book--they are almost indestructible!).

I did replace it some 20 years ago with another copy (even though I do not collect daggers!)
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Air Organizations of the Third Reich. (I think 1967?)
    Still have it.

Comment

Jost W. Schneider - Their Honor Was Loyalty. My first book in English also first book on W-SS.

Comment

From the introduction to Gauleiter, Volume 1, my second Bender-published book:

"Among the many books I found under the Christmas tree as a child was Leaders and Personalities of the Third Reich, by the late Charles Hamilton (and published by Roger Bender). This was my first exposure to the Gauleiter, the “Old Fighters” of the Nazi Party whom Hitler deemed worthy of administering the 43 Gaue, or regions, of the Reich..."

~ Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
          From the introduction to Gauleiter, Volume 1, my second Bender-published book:

"Among the many books I found under the Christmas tree as a child was Leaders and Personalities of the Third Reich, by the late Charles Hamilton (and published by Roger Bender). This was my first exposure to the Gauleiter, the “Old Fighters” of the Nazi Party whom Hitler deemed worthy of administering the 43 Gaue, or regions, of the Reich..."

~ Mike

Mike, I forgot all about that one--when did it originally come out?
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

First Bender Book

Hello,
            I actually received two Bender books at the same time, one was the book shown by my friend Stonemint (who started this thread) and the other was on the Hermann Göring Division. That started my great interest in that particular unit. I was 9 years old at the time (55 now), my mother bought them for me. I followed them up with the books on the Afrikakorps and of course For Führer and Fatherland (Volumes I & II).

RIP Mr. Bender.

Regards,
            Jody
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jody; 01-12-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
              Mike, I forgot all about that one--when did it originally come out?
              The first edition was published in 1984. There was also a second volume, released in 1997.

https://www.amazon.com/Leaders-Perso.../dp/091213867X

~ Mike

Comment

My first one was this one, bought from an east Belfast Dealer when I started collecting many years ago, cant stress enough how I was massively overcharged for this. Since then mostly the Polizei related ones.
                Attached Files

Comment

Bought this one in 1973 when it came out.
                  Attached Files
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Air Organizations of the Third Reich.
                    Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                    The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

For Fuehrer and Fatherland in 1987 when I was 14. I still pull it off the shelf from time to time. I have 21 different RJB books today.
                      Attached Files

Comment

"Cloth Insignia of the SS"

Not only first Bender book, but first reference book on this stuff. Still have it, despite many moves over the years and a long absence from collecting.

Bought at Tulsa Gun Show sometime in (very) early 90's.

James
                        Attached Files

Comment

No idea which one was the first, but I don't know what I'd do without them:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                            Mine was Angolia's Daggers, Bayonets & Fighting Knives of Hitlers Germany.
                            Bought then also the 1967 air organizations-books. The dagger-book I did sell some to friends in the Netherlands, which I brought back from Jack when he still lived in Stuttgart-Sindelfingen
                            (this was about the early 1970's).
                            I do not have any of the earlier books anymore, as I did sell all of them in the early 1980's, due to circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
                              For Fuehrer and Fatherland in 1987 when I was 14. I still pull it off the shelf from time to time. I have 21 different RJB books today.

That was my first Bender publication too Brian.
                              Third printing 1987.

Regards,Martin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X