Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Combat Badge of the III Reich Book

Hello:

Has anyone bought that book “German Combat Badge of the III Reich”, that has been advertised in Military Trader? If you haven't seen the ad, the book can be found at the publisher web site at www.winidorepress.com. It looks to be a good reference material that would compliment any bookshelf, but that $129.00 price tag kind of hurts. If anyone has bought this book please post a review.

John
    Last edited by Market Garden; 10-16-2002, 01:54 PM.

I will probably end up buying the book.

What I am waiting for is other forum members to review the book, based on that I will either buy it quick, ... or wait a bit.

The price is scaring me away at the moment. It's gotta be a pretty special book for that amount.

Comment

David

I agree. I will probably buy it too based on positive reviews by the forum. However, it will be a hard sell to the wife as to why I am spending $129.00 on a book.

John

Comment

German Combat Badges of the Third Reich, Vol. 1

Gentlemen,
        I received my copy of the book yesterday. I have their first publication, "THE IRON TIME" and this was what sold me. I admit the price was expensive, but so far I am very impressed with the book. Illustrations are large and very clear and include good "detail" shots. The information included is in-depth and concise. I think it is a good investment especially for new collectors. Also, it is very attractive publication. I thnik they do good work.

Comment

Book Review

Dick:

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the book. Have you seen the Wehrmacht Militaria Collectors Association web-site at www.wehrmacht-association.com? If not, please visit the site and comment if the information contained in the book is better then what is found on the web-site for free. Please don’t think I am questioning your review, I’m just trying to stack the cards in my favor when I take the argument to the wife as to why I am going to buy this book.

John

Comment

Hi John,
            I don't feel like I can tell you which "path" to follow. Both the book and the website have a lot to offer. Also, since both cover the same basic subject there is some over-lap. I do think that the book offers more detail and shows more badge variations. My personel observation is that I would find the book easier and faster to use and you can take it with you. The book is a LOT of money, but it could save someone a lot also. I sincerely hope that this helps. I would be happy to discuss the book over the phone if you wish.
            Dick

Comment

If you are a member.....

If you are a member, there is a MONSTER thread (105 posts, 3300+ views) on the subject of this book.

Become a member and find out what you have been missing!!!!

Dave

Comment

If you're a member

>If you are a member, there is a MONSTER thread (105 posts, >3300+ views) on the subject of this book.

Scheisse!!!! I wish I knew that thread was there! I've been looking at *this* forum and wondering why there were so few comments/reviews. The memebers only thread really needs to be crossposted here since the subject in question is a book.
                Thanks,
                Eric Gaumann

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X