• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New books for me

Hello,

This month was pretty good to me on books. I picked up 4 fantastic ones

Fred

The first one was Nebeltruppen. The author kindly sent me a copy because he used some pictures of some eagles of mine. Great book. Tough branch to find insignia for and there was some nice pieces in the book. Some great uniform shots too. Vehicles and equipment used throughout the war. It is in French but you can still see the pictures. Excellent Book.
    Attached Files

Comment

The next one is in Italian and was well worth the money(Shipping from Europe killed me!) Bevevano E Mangiavano covers almost every style of canteen used by the German armed Forces in WWII. It also covers messkits. The quanity of photos of specific items is unbelieveable only to be outmatched by the quality of the photoa. Clear and concise shots. I must for the equipment enthusiast.
      Attached Files

Comment

Then I picked up Werner's new book on the German Padded Winter Uniforms. Another outstanding piece of work. Great description, photos and line drawing, not to mention period photos. Fantastic section on buttons, materials and construction. Make me comfortable looking for a Padded uniform.
        Attached Files

Comment

Last but not least is Vincent Siegers book. Winter uniforms of the German Army and Luftwaffe. Another outstanding book on this tough subject. As with the last three books, this one also has great clear and concise photos, great descriptions and fantastic text. The chapter on manufacture is great
          Attached Files

Comment

If you are looking for some great Christmas ideas for yourself or that fellow uniform and equipment enthusiast. These fit the ticket!! Nice stuff.

Fred

Comment

Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

I only have the Vincent Siegers book. I really enjoy that one and it's my Pelzmantel that is depicted in the book
                The Padded Winter Uniforms is on my wishlist. Looks very good.

The canteens book and the Nebeltruppen book I both want but prefer to wait for English versions....if these ever come?!

Comment

Some nice new books you got there!
                  A lot of new reading material, you'll get through the winter with these
                  Some of these are also still on my own wishlist.

Kind regards,

AW

Comment

Thanks Fred

Comment

Hello Fred,

I recently bought Werner's book and the Nebeltruppen book as well.
                      I provided a small participation in the Nebeltruppen's book.
                      I also bought the Vincent's book some months ago and it's a great asset too in our hobby.

Thank you guys.

Comment

Thank you Fred.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X