'Triumph of the Will' on TV Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Triumph of the Will' on TV Tonight

For UK members, the BBC are screening 'Triumph of the Will' tonight.

It's on BBC4.

Only the second time it's ever been screened in full on British TV.

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
    For UK members, the BBC are screening 'Triumph of the Will' tonight.

It's on BBC4.

Only the second time it's ever been screened in full on British TV.
    I've got the DVD version .... quite a spectacle

Comment

I also got it : spectacular !!

In the UK, the DVD is quite easy to find.

Ch.

Comment

I know the DVD is easy to find, but I think the version on TV is the complete 'unexpurgated' version. Many of the videos and DVDs made over the years have big chunks missing.

Comment

Hi Robin, What time mate? I had a look on TV guide and couldn't find it?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mumby
            Hi Robin, What time mate? I had a look on TV guide and couldn't find it?!?
            Tom.

BBC4 - Digital.

10.30pm - Programme about Leni Riefenstahl
            11.20pm - 'Triumph of the Will'

Comment

Thanks Robin!

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
                I know the DVD is easy to find, but I think the version on TV is the complete 'unexpurgated' version. Many of the videos and DVDs made over the years have big chunks missing.
                Robin,

What do you think ?
                Mine is "Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will", edited by DD Video in 2001. Running Time : 107 mn, not including supplements and bonuses.
                I bought it in London in a famous DVD and music store of Picadilly.

I'm sure it is the complete one. What do you think ?

Ch.

Comment

Watched it last night. I found it very interesting and was constantly over them Allgemeine helmets with the mobile swastika.

Thanks for letting me know Robin

Comment

Originally posted by Christophe
                    Robin,

What do you think ?
                    Mine is "Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will", edited by DD Video in 2001. Running Time : 107 mn, not including supplements and bonuses.
                    I bought it in London in a famous DVD and music store of Picadilly.

I'm sure it is the complete one. What do you think ?

Ch.

My DVD is "Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will" subtitled "The Infamous Propaganda Film" from Moonstone and runs 108.51 minutes.

This is a PAL version. An NTSC release is quite capable of having the exact same scenes but a longer running time as the framerate will be lower.

Cheers,
                    David.
                    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

The version i downloaded a while back runs at 1:44:26

Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Where did you down load it from???
                        Regards
                        Irv

Originally posted by Simon orchard
                        The version i downloaded a while back runs at 1:44:26

Comment

Originally posted by David C
                          This is a PAL version. An NTSC release is quite capable of having the exact same scenes but a longer running time as the framerate will be lower.

The Snapse Films version, which came out in 2001 has a new digital transfer from the 35mm prints. I believe this is the most complete version on DVD to date. This also includes the short film Day of Freedom.

Comment

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Article...PALSpeedUp.asp

At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter_Suciu

The Snapse Films version, which came out in 2001 has a new digital transfer from the 35mm prints. I believe this is the most complete version on DVD to date. This also includes the short film Day of Freedom.
                              I think I've got the same one Peter, runs 115 minutes, came from

http://ihffilm.com/triumofwildv.html
                              • New window boxed Digital transfer made from 35mm fine-grain print - The best quality version in the World - comparable to Leni Riefenstahl's own original film elements.
                              • Removable English Subtitles.
                              • Optimal DVD quality Dual Layer (DVD-9) edition
                              • Region 0 NTSC (World Wide Compatibility)
                              • BONUS MATERIAL: Leni Riefenstahl's short film: DAY OF FREEDOM - OUR ARMED FORCES (Tag Der Freiheit-Unsere Wehrmacht)
                              Cheers
                              Don
                              Last edited by Don Scowen; 05-03-2005, 07:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X