S1:E3 pearl harbor

S1:E4 battle of midway

S1:E5 siege of stalingrad

S1:E6 D-day

S1:E7 battle of the bulge

S1:E8 Dresden firestorm

S1:E9 liberation of Buchenwald

S1:E10 Hiroshima

So far it's not to bad. I'm hoping to see some period footage that i haven't seen yet, it's worth checking out each episode is 50 min long 
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Watched the Stalingrad episode and there are photos I haven't seen before.

Comment

Watched the first episode- these recolorized films look great and really make the events very vivid, especially the aerial scenes. I like it, thanks for the hint

Comment

The German subtitles are really crappy- numbers and figures are translated wrongly and sometimes it gets ridiculous. F.e. Admiral Nimitz hipboots at Pearl harbour whwn he took office inspecting the damage are translated into stylish fashion boots.....

Comment

Originally posted by o.r.k. View Post
          The German subtitles are really crappy- numbers and figures are translated wrongly and sometimes it gets ridiculous. F.e. Admiral Nimitz hipboots at Pearl harbour whwn he took office inspecting the damage are translated into stylish fashion boots.....
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Repeated pictures of inaccurate places they really should do their back ground checks on where and when the footage was taken

Comment

I have never been a fan of 'colourised' photographs or film footage as in my opinion, it always looks false. That said I thought I would at least watch one episode to see whether it was worth watching more.

I picked out the 'Stalingrad' episode and was very disappointed indeed. The colourised footage did not enhance any of it from it's original black and white format, and much of the footage does not relate to Stalingrad at all. Worse still was the extremely weak narrative to back it up, with much nothing objective or worth further thought. It all seemed to be put together in a rush and without depth.

Not one I will be watching again.

Regards Richard.
              Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Originally posted by chris clark View Post
                Repeated pictures of inaccurate places they really should do their back ground checks on where and when the footage was taken
                I agree and not much new info.

Some interesting photos and video I haven't seen before that's about it as to why I'll look over the series. On #6 now.

Comment

Besides all the mentioned flaws before, which there definitely are. I must say I enjoyed watching it.

Kind regards,

AW

Comment

No operation Typhoon

Comment

Originally posted by Hofstetter View Post
                      No operation Typhoon
                      Who knows, maybe in a next season?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X