Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnhem 1944 - An Epic Battle Revisited vol. 1 and vol.2

by Christer Bergstrom

Has anyone gotten these new books yet? I have been trying to find table of contents/preview but have not found any. Is it more strategic/operational like his Barbarossa book or more tactical like the Ardennes volume?

They are available on Amazon. I have ordered both, only volume 1 has arrived. It breaks up the fighting by sector, i.e. The Paras, 101st, 82nd, German response, etc.

The first have is an overview of strategy, then it goes on similar to "It Never Snows In September" if you have read it. Looking forward to it.

PS: Some photos, but quite a few QR items linked throughout the book.

Comment

thanks for the info.

So it's kind of a greatly updated version of "Never Snows.."?

Comment

It reads similar in that it goes from sector to sector, i.e. the Britiash landings, the 2 US landings, XXX corps, each taken in turn chronologically.

Comment

Going back to the OP, is it very tactical (eg. precise day to day movements down to company level) like a lot of modern studies?

"It never snows.." wasn't detailed down to that level.

Comment

NVM I received my set - very interesting work, similar in format to the author's Ardennes 1944. Approx 800 pages of text that covers the aftermath of Market-Garden up to early Oct 1944.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X