Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book in deep about Waffen SS

Hello fellows.

I have searched without any luck after a book that thoroughly handle the history of Waffen SS, the structure, training etcetera.

Also the history of the SS is interesting.

Maybe anyone of you here can give me a tips about such a book?
    I think that its better for me to ask here then to buy a book buy chance and get disappointed. Please recommend a book to me that is worth buying.

Best regards
    Mathiass

Books about the Waffen-SS

You're in luck - there are many decent books out about the Waffen-SS, tracing its origins, organization, it's participation in numerous war crimes, and its performance in battle. I would recommend the following:

Heinz Hoehne: The Order of the Death's Head: The Story of Hitler's SS

George H. Stein: The Waffen-SS: Hitler's Elite Guard at War

Bernd Wegner: The Waffen-SS

And there's several additional works that I'd recommend, should you have the time, money, and serious inclination to study the topic in depth:

The Waffen-SS: A European History, edited by Jochen Boehler and Robert Gerwarth

Jay Hathaway: In Perfect Formation: SS Ideology and the SS-Junkerschule-Toelz.

Richard Rhodes: Masters of Death: The SS-Einsatzgruppen and the Invention of the Holocaust

Philip W. Blood: Hitler's Bandit Hunters: The SS and the Nazi Occupation of Europe

Those should give you a rounded view, covering all of the bases of this vast and criminal organization.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nash View Post
      You're in luck - there are many decent books out about the Waffen-SS, tracing its origins, organization, it's participation in numerous war crimes, and its performance in battle. I would recommend the following:

Heinz Hoehne: The Order of the Death's Head: The Story of Hitler's SS

George H. Stein: The Waffen-SS: Hitler's Elite Guard at War

Bernd Wegner: The Waffen-SS

And there's several additional works that I'd recommend, should you have the time, money, and serious inclination to study the topic in depth:

The Waffen-SS: A European History, edited by Jochen Boehler and Robert Gerwarth

Jay Hathaway: In Perfect Formation: SS Ideology and the SS-Junkerschule-Toelz.

Richard Rhodes: Masters of Death: The SS-Einsatzgruppen and the Invention of the Holocaust

Philip W. Blood: Hitler's Bandit Hunters: The SS and the Nazi Occupation of Europe

Those should give you a rounded view, covering all of the bases of this vast and criminal organization.

Cheers!
      Thank you very much.
      I surely take my time and Google and read about them, to see which one that could be for me.

Best regards
      Mathiass

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X