Interesting early Nazi Party photo album/scrap book I found from local vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting early Nazi Party photo album/scrap book I found from local vet

This isn't really my area but I thought this piece was really interesting. A friend of mine who owns a local shop specializing in antique pottery/porcelain told me about a man who came in wanting to sell some vases which he said he took from a "nazi's house" during the war. My friend asked if he brought back any militaria and he said that he had taken an album out of the house as well. I was able to buy the ablum through my friend and will show the first couple of pages of it here. It belonged to a man named Ludwig Liebel. From what I can tell by going throug it so far is, that he was pretty well thought of within the party, especially locally in Contwig, and was quite close to Hitler. There are about 200 pages which are crammed full of photos, internal communiques, handbills for speaches, signatures, etc. The album starts in 1928 and I will post the first couple of pages. If any interest in seeing more let me know. Comments are welcome because as I say this is not my area and I really don't know what I am looking at.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eric Queen; 10-07-2002, 06:59 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Eric--

first pass through:

Ludwig Liebel, born 23 March 1887 Pirmasens. Hauptgeschäftsführer NSKOV, Member of the Reichstag in 1935. Teachers Training Establishment at Speyer 1900-05, Hauptlehrer in Contwig/Pfalz. Leutnant der Reserve WW1, EK1 and 2, Bavarian MVO4X, Wound Badge. Entry in NSDAP-->>> 1920! Kreisleiter of Zweibrücken, Reichsredner of the NSDAP, Nazi Member of the Bavarian Landtag to 1933, Member of the Reichstag November 1933, chief financial officer of the NS-Disabled Veterans League since January 1934, mailing address 1935 Wilhelmstraße 48, Berlin W 8.

Comment

Hello Eric,

very nice album,a good find!If you want to share anymore pictures Im interested!

Yancy

Comment

A couple more...

Comment

Notice the early SS with no shirts....

Comment

Handbill from one of Liebels speaches

Comment

Great photos, Eric!
                      That album is superb. A fascinating historical record in photos of the early days of the Party.
                      I'd be very interested to see more photos.
                      Thanks!
                      P.S....
                      I wonder what the vases were???

Comment

Thanks Bill, here's a couple more.

Comment

I thought the "kaput" was interesting
                          Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic album; please keep the photos coming.
                            OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

Can't read all the inscription off the scan on "Kaput," but it looks like he was a Nazi "martyr" (SA Standard bearer) rather than a Röhm Purge "good riddance"... so the disrespect shown by scribbling on his face is... rather interesting!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X