Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 Year Old Actor Bruno Ganz Dies, Played Hitler in 'Downfall'

http://9893262-0-image-a-27_1550316649720 by tod wacko, on Flickr

Fantastic actor who nailed that role in my estimation. I remember him also from 'Wings of Desire' the Wim Wenders film. RIP.

Comment

Fantastic in downfall

Comment

Sad loss and as said he was excellent in downfall .
        Troy

Comment

Hard to imagine another actor playing such a convincing role as Hitler again, without doubt a very talented (and brave) actor.

He also played a very convincing part in 'The Reader' too, which went largely under the radar.

Regards Richard.
          Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Agreed...

Originally posted by stgeorge64 View Post
            Hard to imagine another actor playing such a convincing role as Hitler again, without doubt a very talented (and brave) actor.

He also played a very convincing part in 'The Reader' too, which went largely under the radar.

Regards Richard.
            ...he had some superb supporting roles towards the end of his career. He was very undervalued and little-known outside of Switzerland and Germany, but his part in 'Downfall' finally got him the recognition he deserved.

R.I.P.

Comment

The best Hitler ever Kevin.

Comment

Wonderful actor

A sad loss to the acting profession.Rest in peace Bruno

Comment

Originally posted by stgeorge64 View Post

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely nailed the role as Hitler. And yes, a bold role to take on.

Comment

Rip Bruno. What a performance. I believe the boss himself would have given him the thumbs up! 👍

Comment

His performance in 'Der Untergang' was absolutely fabulous. Best i have ever seen.
                      RIP

Comment

I enjoyed the movie subtitles and all. Alexandra Lara who portrayed Traudel Junge, Hitler's secretary, made this movie even more enjoyable!
                        Jim

Comment

That was one of the few films about Hitler's final days that was mostly historically accurate and allowed the viewer to see Hitler as a pathetic/sympathetic character. Every TR collector should have a copy of this DVD/blu ray in his collection.

Comment

Agreed, best film portrayal of AH ever.RIP.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X