Many Rivers I Crossed - Werner Volkner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many Rivers I Crossed - Werner Volkner

LAH Publishing are pleased to announce the reprint of 'Many Rivers I Crossed', by Werner Volkner.

This is a 2019 reprint of the memoirs of a World War II German soldier of the 3. SS-Panzer Division 'Totenkopf', originally printed in 2004.

This is the personal memoirs of former Flak crew member, Werner Volkner, who served in the 3. SS-Panzer Division, from 1943 to 1945, seeing action in the Ukraine, Romania and Poland.

This also covers his recollections from his post-war prisoner of war experiences in England and forging a new life for himself there, including marriage to an English woman. The book itself is written in an 'as spoken' manner, directly transcribed from recorded recollections. As such, it gives a feel of being there, talking and listening to Werner himself.

Hard cover, A5 format, 320 pages, with photos
    Price: £25.00 (postage extra)

A limited number of hand-signed bookplates are available
    Price: £10.00

For those of you attending Stoneleigh on Feb' 3rd, come find me at the Legends Aviation Gallery stand, where copies will be available.

Please PM me on here, or email with your order to contactus@lahpublishing.com

Thanks
    Peter
    Attached Files

I’ve got this book and really enjoyed it.

The author is quite a balanced chap.

Worth getting imo.

Comment

Will it be of sewn binding (not just glued)? Square or round spine?

Comment

LAH Publishing always uses sewn binding. The spine is squared off.

Comment

First batch in the post today to USA, Germany, Holland and various corners of the UK.

Signed bookplates being snapped up.

Thanks for the interest folks.

Peter

Comment

Mine arrived this morning, I had a quick flick through and now I am looking forward to reading it. Thank you Peter for the prompt service.

Regards,

Jonathan

Comment

Quality

May I add the professional way these books are produced,extremely well binded and easy to read..especially in bed !! Peter remind me of your PP address I want to buy a copy please.

Kyle

Comment

Kyle - PM sent

Jonathan, great and hope you enjoy.

Regards
                Peter

Comment

I have received some signed photos from Werner today.

If you would like to add one to your book order, they are £10.00 for the signed photo.

Thanks
                  Peter

Comment

Got mine today with the bookplate and signed photo.

Many thanks to Peter for the excellent communication and very speedy delivery.

I've already read this book but am 'a sucker' for a hardback, so this was a chance to upgrade the softcover I already have.

Can't recommend this book enough, superb memoir, will re-read it when I get the chance.

Regards, Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X