New Spielberg/Hanks miniseries: The Mighty Eighth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Spielberg/Hanks miniseries: The Mighty Eighth

Anyone aware of this - looks like Memphis Belle on steroids!

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-migh...-hanks-1998119

The aerial 'footage' in the trailer seems a bit cartoon like but I hope it will eb worth the wait

I live near the 100th Bomb Groups former location in Norfolk and love the USAAF history there.

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
    Anyone aware of this - looks like Memphis Belle on steroids!

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-migh...-hanks-1998119

The aerial 'footage' in the trailer seems a bit cartoon like but I hope it will eb worth the wait

I live near the 100th Bomb Groups former location in Norfolk and love the USAAF history there.
    Blimey! Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen the trailer, looks very promising.

Comment

The so called trailer is a short film which has NOTHING to do with the proposed HBO series. In fact the whole article is BS. It's from 2017 and when I first read it I contacted some people close to the production and they confirmed that the project has stalled since no scripts have been written yet. And they laughed when they heard the part of the supposed scouting locations. They said how can you scout for locations if you don't have a script? Bottom line is disregard the article and enjoy the amateur short film.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
        The so called trailer is a short film which has NOTHING to do with the proposed HBO series. In fact the whole article is BS.
        Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Thanks for the info Remy.

Whatever the trailer is, it’s shockingly good.

Comment

I must be on the wrong page here I think this looks ridiculous going by that trailer.

Cartoon would be the exact right word. A literal WALL of solid flak like something out of a star wars sci fi movie, then another literal WALL of several hundred fighters like something out of Flash Gordon. All the while American bombers are getting blown out of the sky every 5 seconds ? The trailer tag line also left me a bit cold. 'A young combat photographer is about to discover HELL is 5 miles above earth', no mention of where all those bombs they were dropping were going to land. Either that's a bad trailer or this is going to be pure crap.

Hopefully if they ever do make this it will look and feel nothing like that trailer !!!

Comment

Movie Trailer

I stopped watching it after the B-17 spun out upside down and crashed on top of another 17.. which continued to just fly along.. crapola.. right up there along with that ulcer of a Movie Pearl Harbor

Comment

Indeed, a bit over the top for myself as well. The crap movie "Redtails" comes to mind while viewing the trailer.

Chet
                Zinc stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mil-Archive View Post
                  ....Cartoon would be the exact right word. A literal WALL of solid flak like something out of a star wars sci fi movie, then another literal WALL of several hundred fighters like something out of Flash Gordon....
                  My thoughts exactly, it is just laughable. I suppose it doesn't take much to thrill modern audiences fed a steady diet of CGI crap and superhero movies. It seems films for actual adults are rarely made nowadays....

Comment

Obviously not for everyone then!

I’m just pleased WW2 is still of interest seventy four years later and some people are producing films, trailers whatever it is for hopefully new eyes rather than us critical old gits.

Comment

Yep Hitler sells just don’t mention Hitler !
                      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Shame...a mini series done on this subject could rival BOB or the PACIFIC....if done right. At this rate even if made there will be slim to no vets left to watch it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X