ITV The paras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITV The paras

ITV tonight , new documentary series on the para's. Should be interesting, not seen a good one since the classic done in the 80's.

Thanks for the heads up mate.

Comment

Good watch. Although, I must admit, I do like SAS Who Dares Wins as well.

Comment

The training seems a bit soft to me, I hope they just toned it down for the cameras. Shot within Merville Bks mainly.

Loved 'The Paras' from the early 80s!

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
          The training seems a bit soft to me, I hope they just toned it down for the cameras. Shot within Merville Bks mainly.

Loved 'The Paras' from the early 80s!
          I dont think they could show the one from 80s again !!

Comment

This one
            https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00jsgmy

Comment

Originally posted by JK53 View Post
              Well found ! What a theme tune. I too thought it wouldn't be palatable for a modern audience, mainly on account of the moustaches ...

Comment

The milling ..." This is not come dancing, you're allowed to hit !"
                " come on youre letting Campbell overtake ye ! A jock! We built a wall to keep them out!"

Comment

The BBC series from the early 80s was essential viewing. Sad to say that Corporal Al Slater- one of the training staff featured in the series- was later killed in action in Northern Ireland whilst serving with the SAS and was awarded a Military Medal.

The series was ground-breaking for it's time and obviously generated loads of interest as it was aired just after the Falkland's War in which the regiment had played such a prominent role. It's held up really well, I think.

All the best

Paul.

Comment

Yes sad about Al Slater. Tough missions those.
                    Have enjoyed watching these 7 episodes again, excellent documentary, as you say stands up very well. Good insight and quite thorough. Far better than the ITV one !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X