Hatred. Murder of the innocent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatred. Murder of the innocent.

Just watched this movie ,well filmed and directed but what a horror story. A part of history that I had no idea about. Well worth a watch IMHO. 👍

The Polish Ukranian territorial conflict- a quite unknown sad and bloody chapter in history with altogether about 80.000 victims. It is good that more things around 20. century wars come to light out of darkness- hopefully in a cautious historic way and not biased, as history and politics is a dangerous mixture that some historians mix up. I also read the film is not shown in Ukraine- as I haven´t seen it I can´t judge on it.

Comment

o.r.k, the film is mostly shot from a Polish angle so i can see why its not seen in the Ukraine, some of the scenes are trully gruesome and does not show the Ukrainian Nationals in a good light to say the least. The way the story is told from the time frame of 39 to 45 is bleak to say the least , the last 40 miniutes being completely horrific I myself have never heard of this part of WW2 history in Europe.

Comment

I watched this film last week and have to say it is an extremely well made, and shockingly brutal film.

I had no previous knowledge of this episode whatsoever, and following seeing the film I did look up some of the events played out which do have basis in historical fact. To say that was a violent time and place to of lived is an understatement.

Well worth a watch.

Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Nine Lives

Gents may I suggest you read this book.A brutally honest account of a Polish Partisan fighting Ukranian and Gemans:

Nine Lives: Ethnic conflict in the Polish-Ukrainian Borderlands Paperback – 28 Jul 1999
          by Waldemar Lotnik

Enjoy

Kyle

Comment

Get "savage Continent" by Keith Love..... a fantastic study of the horros in Europe from 1945-50s ... brutal times

Comment

Hi,

here is the Wikipedia page for the movie :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volhynia_(film)

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X