The Unimaginable Journey of Peter Ertel - Docu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Unimaginable Journey of Peter Ertel - Docu

"Peter Ertel tells his own life story, as only he could tell it - with unflinching honesty and raw emotion, while maintaining penetrating eye-contact with the audience. His are the eyes of a man who has seen so much, and lived to tell about it."

The Unimaginable Journey of Peter Ertel is a gripping first-person narrative documentary which tells the story of Peter Ertel, how he barely survived the Eastern Front, Battle of Normandy and becoming a U.S. Agent to help rebuild his country.

You can watch the trailer here. Ertel served with the 77 ID in Normandy.

https://www.argunners.com/upcoming-w...y-peter-ertel/

Respect.

An all too common a story and we should all understand that most German citizens were/are not ' war mongering hateful Nazis '.

Any of us, given the wrong political circumstances and state domination can and would have suffered the same ultimate fate.

I know they were the 'enemy' and they had to be stopped.................but much respect from me for what they were put through.
    I just wish that mankind would understand the past and damned-well learn from it.

S.

Comment

Thanks for posting. It alerted me to this film and I intend to watch it when possible. I signed up for updates to see when it may be playing near me or when I can buy the DVD.

Comment

As did I, seems very interesting

Comment

Interesting photos. He is wearing a tropical M-41 cap, and in the background is a Maultier half track truck.

Comment

I ordered my DVD a couple days ago. Looking forward to its arrival.

Understand the link to airgunners is above, but here is a direct link to the official website for the movie.

https://www.peterertelfilm.com/

Go down to the third photo box and click on the arrow to view the trailer.

Comment

Just ordered it! Thanks for the update to the thread

Comment

Originally posted by 29THPZG View Post
                Just ordered it! Thanks for the update to the thread
                You are very welcome. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my DVD.

Comment

I watched it last night with my wife and we both really enjoyed it.

Don't expect it to play like a Hollywood blockbuster, but it is a great story with some powerful messages.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X