Jim atwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim atwood

Kenneth Alford's new book "JIM ATWOOD" just came out and is available at Amazon. It's a good read and really covers his life and involvement in our hobby. The real truth about Jim Atwood.

Sounds interesting, Ron - Thanks for pointing it out.

How funny is it that we buy books for learning about the "fakes" - and now we have the opportunity to buy a book about a "faker" ??

Comment

You may have an insight into this situation

Comment

Ah yes, Jim Atwood.
        I was a teenager in high school when I responded to his ad in "The Shotgun News"
        in 1962. (SGN was the only publication at that time that offered militaria for sale -
        before the word "Militaria was even coined)
        Over a period of several years, I bought boxes of tunics, equipment, headgear,
        etc. from him. ( eg: tunics were $150 for a group of 10! I was selling them at local shows and dealers for $35 each)

The only downside was when US Treasury Agents came to my house and informed me that he had falsified the customs declaration and value of the contents.
        Since I was a minor, I got small fine and several items were confiscated.
        I finally met time in person at a MAX Show and we had a nice chat about
        "the good old days"...

In retrospect, he had a major impact on collecting, both good and bad!

I will certainly buy a copy of the book!

Comment

Have just started to read. His early life and his military enlistments is dizzying.

Comment

Just finished the book today, and I highly recommend it. Really interesting insight into the early days of the hobby and the man who had such a huge impact on it.
            You can't go wrong for $23.00 ! You will be amazed at this man's life.

Comment

I have asked ken alford to speak at the max seminars next year on jim atwood

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X