They Shall Not Grow Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IanC View Post
    Without spoiling it for others, the first transition into colour and with the sound. Blimey. I just sat there opened month. I had to go back and watch that part a number of times.

Absolutely stunning.
    Agreed! I kept replaying bits.

Absolutely bought the old footage to a place viewers in 2018 could identify to it.

A good tribute.

Comment

Official U.S. Trailer for Peter Jackson's They Shall Not Grow Old 3D

'The documentary will be screened in select theaters across the nation on December 17 and 27'

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=24248

Comment

An fascinating insight into some of the working processes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cSXfKSRKz4

Comment

Originally posted by KLMKsunbunny View Post
          An fascinating insight into some of the working processes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cSXfKSRKz4

Comment

Just a reminder gentlemen, it's playing in selected U.S. theaters TONIGHT.

Wife has agreed to go, but if she backs out I'll go alone!

Comment

WELL DONE THE BEST WW1 FILM i HAVE SEEN

I just got home from watching this film it is very well done & has a lot of original ww1 film I had not seen before touches on several veterans points of view in there own words.

Comment

Originally posted by aircrew76 View Post
                I just got home from watching this film it is very well done & has a lot of original ww1 film I had not seen before touches on several veterans points of view in there own words.

Just got home from viewing and I agree. The post-film short by Peter Jackson about behind the scenes was very interesting as well. He's a collector.

Comment

It was excellent in 3D! I can only hope this sets the ground for more documentaries to be created in such an innovative manner.

Comment

Just now came across this thread to see this amazing work that Peter Jackson and crew have done. I couldn't believe my eyes were viewing natural color from 100+ year old footage! Simply amazing technology and artistry at work.

Comment

It's out on dvd, blu-Ray and Amazon prime video in the uk:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...3921_343016521

Comment

Saw an interview with the producer and a few bits of film, looks good, can't wait to see it!

Comment

Came up on the movie channel for Nov 11. I liked it and very well done, many scenes I haven't seen before. However not many combat scenes which we all know are out there in B & W. For us it was a good effort but I doubt it will attract much of the younger generations whom which buy the most tickets.

Comment

Another thing I find interesting is the lack of helmet flashes. This adds to the case that a great amount were added after the conflict ended. A few camo German lids were cool to see in color.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly w View Post
                              Another thing I find interesting is the lack of helmet flashes. This adds to the case that a great amount were added after the conflict ended. A few camo German lids were cool to see in color.
                              Agree. Another thought though is that what remains of existing period film, and that taken from it to use in the movie is only a very small sample size.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X