No announcement yet.

Book Review – Uniforms, Organization & History of the German Police Volume 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Review – Uniforms, Organization & History of the German Police Volume 1

Well, I’ve read through the 700+ pages of Uniforms, Organization & History of the German Police Volume 1 twice now, not including several other excursions, and I’ve found this new reference an invaluable guide for the police enthusiast. This book is absolutely crammed full of chronologically organized historical accounts and dates of significance to development of the police uniforms. Another significant aspect included within the pages of this book is the fantastic period picture content, just amazing! Great work, I hope to see those future volumes soon!

With that said, hopefully other collectors have had a chance to read and reflect upon this new reference book. I am hoping this would be a great time to start a collective review to see what others thought, felt, or observed. Also of benefit to other collectors and the Authors would be if others found editorial errors, inaccuracies, questionable content, etc. to point them out here. (I know I have a few little comments to add in due time) Additionally, this would be a good opportunity for all to voice desired inclusions, ideas, suggestions, topics, and etc. for forth coming volumes. I know Mr. Taylor is awaiting to here feedback, so lets here it!
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Nothing. Well, from the looks of it Volume 2 will definitely fill a lot of uniform specifics.

The explanation of the golden-yellow (tobacco) & silver collar tabs is reversed on page 597. The tobacco examples were for the enlisted/junior ranks, not the senior NCO’s who wore the silver.
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

I found the book very enlightening, and the period covered from the coming to power of the Nazis with or without police support was extremely intresting.

I'm very much looking forward to the next volume as it promises to cover in more detail uniform and equipment.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X