Books: "Uniforms of the Waffen SS" Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books: "Uniforms of the Waffen SS" Opinions Please

I was curious as to your opinions of Micheal Beavers "Uniforms of the Waffen SS" 3 part series. All 3 books would be about $190.00 US. Do you think they are worth the price? Thanks! All the Best!
    Last edited by Hans Dorr; 10-06-2002, 03:11 AM.

Hans,

I have recently purchased these books and they are trully amazing. They are the best SS uniform books ever published IMHO. The only downside is that I got a bit sad bout the fact that I could never have most of these uniforms because of the massive prices.

Yuri

Comment

Excellent Books!

Initially I had buyers remorse, looking at the books again, and again it was money well spent.

I do not collect SS Uniforms. But I bought the books anyway.

The uniforms are for lack of better words 'magnificent'... and yes I am distraught that I will NEVER own anything like them. Waaaay outta my price range.

Comment

Thanks Lads! I do not collect uniforms either, I can imagine that the prices are really up there and by no means am I a wealthy man. I have just started collecting medals and badges at age 47. I'm a late comer to the party! Damn, I can't beleive I just said that, sorry won't happen again :~)
        I have had a facination with the SS since I was a kid, and I thought that if these books were good that I would slowly buy them as an addition to the reference library. I'm sure that there are probably some good pictures of medals on the uniforms as well. Really appreciate your opinions, and based on your input I think I will buy the 1st volume. All the Best!

Presley

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the wonderful world of collecting. . . otherwise known as "You spent how much on what!"

I am your age and have been interested in and collecting militaria for almost forty years.

You couldn't have picked a better place than these forums!!!!

Comment

David, Thanks for the warm welcome! And I couldn't agree with you more about the forums. Everyone here has been fantastic! I have already learned quite a bit and the lads have been very patient and helpful. Being new at this I was worried about asking to many ignorant questions and getting flammed by the veterans. This hasn't been the case at all, quite the opposite. 'Wehrmact' forums is a shining example of how a collectors forum should work. I think this well represented in the positive atmosphere and the evident integrity for the hobby, as well as the high caliber and quality of people that are involed here. I am proud to be associated with such a welcoming and helpful group. I will strive to live up to the high standards set down in these forums as I beleive that it also transends the hobby and carrys over into everyday life.
            I have been a collector ever since 1963 when a friend of mines dad brought back a single of The Beatles 'Love Me Do' on Parlaphone records from England. The collector bug bit me bad, and I'm glad it did. I collected The Beatles records and memorabila for years. I have even produced and released a limited edition Beatles Press Conference EP. This was taken from the original master tape that was discovered in a friend of mines extensive library, (he was the first person to EVER record Jimi Hendrix, he was a sophmore in high school here in Seattle and he was playing R&B, he still has the 2 hour recording session!) I have also been published in various record collector price guides, including 'The Beatles Price Guide To American Records by Perry Cox. I am currently selling off my collection to buy Third Reich memorabilia, I have finally made the jump!
            In the mid 60's I began reading about WWII and instantly became facinated with the Wehrmacht and the Third Reich. I have been hooked ever since. At the time there was not alot of places for a kid like me to find original items so my interest was put on hold, until now. At 47 I feel like that kid again and I am looking forward to many years of enjoyment collecting some of the most amazing items ever produced! Thanks for letting me ramble. Now, I'm off to join the association! All the Best! Presley

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X