Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New movie - Overlord - oh dear!

Yet another Nazis and Zombies movie..

Looks like they spent a lot of money on it though so could be quite good if you like this sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfEo3qCwL9o&vl=en

The music is great!

I like this kind of movies .

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Popcorn movie. Entertaining but not to be taken seriously.

Saw the trailer in the cinema a couple weeks back and I immediately thought "Castle Wolfenstein".

Comment

Too bad they didn't just make a good war movie instead of this stupid Zombies thing. Of course there were no Black paratroopers in the European ETO in WW2.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
          Too bad they didn't just make a good war movie instead of this stupid Zombies thing. Of course there were no Black paratroopers in the European ETO in WW2.
          Only if the Tuskegee Airmen had to bail out.

Comment

Looks like they have turned the Wolfenstein games franchise into a film

Comment

I'll see it! HELL it's got AC/DC in the sound track , what more could you want.

Comment

Stupid ****!

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
                  ...Of course there were no Black paratroopers in the European ETO in WW2.

I'm glad someone else mentioned that as well. I watch documentaries and read books for their educational value and watch movies for their entertainment value. So as long as the film provides a good dose of junk food for my brain, I don't really care overly much about historical accuracy. I've never expected it from Hollywood anyway.

That said though, it does annoy me that certain Progressive elements in the arts and film industry are constantly bemoaning "white-washing" in movies. Even in fantasy films like "Gods of Egypt," these people raised holy hell because white actors and actresses were cast in roles that they claimed should have been portrayed by darker skinned performers.

But then when the shoe is on the other foot, as in this case, with the inclusion of a black actor cast as a World War II US Army Paratrooper apparently serving in an integrated combat unit, the casting decision is either ignored or lauded as being "progressive" "inclusive" "diverse" and/or "bold."

And if you raise objections over historial accuracy, the response is (A.) "You are a racist for noticing color." (B.) "It is just a movie meant to entertain, so accuracy is not important, and we just cast the best actor for the role."

Double-standards and hypocrisy annoy the piss out of me far more than zombies in a World War II movie (which can actually be quite entertaining). Pick a position and stick with it. Either you are color-blind and believe in diverse casting based on ability; in which case, it should not matter to you that Alec Guinness portrayed Prince Faisal (an Arab) in "Lawrence of Arabia." Or you are in favor of cultural and historical authenticity in which case there should be no non-white actors or actresses in film adaptations of traditional European/Western Fairy Tales such as those by the Grimm Brothers.

As I said, I believe movies should be entertaining...period. Filmmakers and actors need to leave their political agendas on the cutting room floor and just focus on making good movies. And based on the trailer, this looks like a movie worth watching. So thanks for the link.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post
                    I'm glad someone else mentioned that as well. I watch documentaries and read books for their educational value and watch movies for their entertainment value. So as long as the film provides a good dose of junk food for my brain, I don't really care overly much about historical accuracy. I've never expected it from Hollywood anyway.

That said though, it does annoy me that certain Progressive elements in the arts and film industry are constantly bemoaning "white-washing" in movies. Even in fantasy films like "Gods of Egypt," these people raised holy hell because white actors and actresses were cast in roles that they claimed should have been portrayed by darker skinned performers.

But then when the shoe is on the other foot, as in this case, with the inclusion of a black actor cast as a World War II US Army Paratrooper apparently serving in an integrated combat unit, the casting decision is either ignored or lauded as being "progressive" "inclusive" "diverse" and/or "bold."

And if you raise objections over historial accuracy, the response is (A.) "You are a racist for noticing color." (B.) "It is just a movie meant to entertain, so accuracy is not important, and we just cast the best actor for the role."

Double-standards and hypocrisy annoy the piss out of me far more than zombies in a World War II movie (which can actually be quite entertaining). Pick a position and stick with it. Either you are color-blind and believe in diverse casting based on ability; in which case, it should not matter to you that Alec Guinness portrayed Prince Faisal (an Arab) in "Lawrence of Arabia." Or you are in favor of cultural and historical authenticity in which case there should be no non-white actors or actresses in film adaptations of traditional European/Western Fairy Tales such as those by the Grimm Brothers.

As I said, I believe movies should be entertaining...period. Filmmakers and actors need to leave their political agendas on the cutting room floor and just focus on making good movies. And based on the trailer, this looks like a movie worth watching. So thanks for the link.

Z
                    When you go home
                    Tell them for us and say
                    For your tomorrow
                    We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                    Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Originally posted by ZacharyB View Post

Z
                      I'm just surprised that the Paratrooper leader isn't a women

Comment

Woman para

Originally posted by Hofstetter View Post
                        I'm just surprised that the Paratrooper leader isn't a women
                        That will be in Overlord II "the real story"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Ruppert View Post
                          That will be in Overlord II "the real story"
                          ahh of course

Comment

Originally posted by Reichsword View Post
                            I'll see it! HELL it's got AC/DC in the sound track , what more could you want.
                            I think it looks like a LOT of fun- put history aside and just enjoy some good dumb ww2 era fun.
                            Eric

Comment

If there are Zombies in a WWII movie, so can there be a black paratrooper - as both are just as fictional. I am just guessing here but IMO this movie is not geared towards historical accuracy. ��

On a more serious note if I were black I would possibly/probably take offence at the historical inaccuracy of portraying black people in movies in roles that they did not historically have. It could be thought to be rather offensive that some movies are rewriting history in a way that portrays black people as having an equal position to white people as that surely was not the case and therefore papers over an actual history of disenfrancisement/discrimination. Having said that I do not think we should overstate the political agenda of holywood. These people and a lot of other companies that use mixed ethnic families to advertise their wares do so in order to maximize their profits as they want to appeal to as many people/customers as possible.
                              Last edited by kaiserwilhelm2; 10-25-2018, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X