Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Book - An Infantryman in Stalingrad

Hi everyone,

I just want to let anyone interested know that my small publishing house - Leaping Horseman Books - has just released a new book called An Infantryman in Stalingrad, by Adelbert Holl. In my opinion, it's the best eyewitness account of the Stalingrad battle (and I've seen many such accounts). His description of co-operation with Sturmgeschütze in central Stalingrad is excellent! The text is augmented with photos, maps, aerial photos and excerpts from official documents.

The author, Adelbert Holl, was a 23-year-old infantry Leutnant when he rejoined his unit in Stalingrad in September 1942 after recovering from a severe wound he suffered in April 1942. Upon returning to Infanterie-Regiment 276 of 94. Infanterie-Division, he discovered that many of the officers and men who had been with the unit barely 5 months earlier were now dead or wounded, and the unit was embroiled in tough city-fighting in central Stalingrad. This book records his experiences as a junior infantry commander during Stalingrad from September 1942 until the very last day in February 1943.

Features of the book:
    • 250 pages on high-quality paper
    • A5 format (210mm x 150mm)
    • Hardcover, with almost indestructible section-sewn binding
    • 25 photos
    • 24 maps
    • 19 aerial photos
    • 40 supporting documents
    • Index

Price = AUD $49.95 (approx USD $39.00).

To find out more about the book, please visit my website:
    http://www.leapinghorseman.com
    Orders can be placed directly through the website. I can accept VISA, Mastercard, Bankcard or PayPal, and all payments are processed by a secure online payment processor. Other payment methods (bank cheque, personal cheque or cash) are also possible.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Jason Mark
    - - -
    Leaping Horseman Books
    email: info@leapinghorseman.com

Hi Jason

I saw thsi on Ebay & was going to get it myself.

I'll will get it from your site - when my wallet permits
    Regards
    Craig
    Strong wind-magic mist, to Asgard the Valkries fly
    High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Comment

Impresive reading.
      One of the few, is not the only, day to day account from an infantry point of view. Very good pictures that allow you to check where he was. You can even follow it with google map.

Comment

I bought and read this book several years ago. It was an excellent read which I greatly enjoyed.

Comment

any ideas on postage to England?

Comment

Hi Terry,

For the hardcover, postage to the UK is AUD $23.50 for Air Mail and $17 for Surface Mail. Easiest way to place an order is through our website:
            http://www.leapinghorseman.com.au

There's also a softcover available.

All the best,
            Jason
            Last edited by jmark; 02-01-2011, 06:31 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Just like to add a bit of fan mail to this thread.

Seeing this thread, I ordered a copy of the book on the 5th February and specified postage by Air Mail, it arrived yesterday (so 7 days!) in perfect condition.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X