Obersalzburg tunnel book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obersalzburg tunnel book?

I was recently at Berchtesgaden and I noticed an advertisement for a book on the tunnels at the Berghof and Hotel Zum Turken posted in the window of the hotel. The hotel was closed and I did not write down the name of the book, does anyone know the name of this book? I have not been able to find it with my internet searches.
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Tunnel Book

Hi,

Do you mean this one? I bought this at the Zum Turken last year.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inside-Hitl.../dp/3929825155

Regards

Richard
    Attached Files

Comment

That is it! Thanks Richard!
      Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Florian's book covers almost all the Third Reich tunnel systems on the Obersalzberg and in Berchtesgaden ... full of great color photos and info that isn't published anywhere else. So many of these tunnels are now destroyed or buried permanently that this book is now an important historic documentation. Highly recommended!

Comment

It is a killer book indeed. So much good stuff. I can not recommend any better on the spot experience at Berchtesgaden than staying at the Turken. It is the old RSD quarters and literally only 50 meters from the site of the Berghof. You cannot get any more on the spot than this. Book early Monika only lets a few people maybe 5 maximum at a time. She is old and does it all herself. Johnno.

Comment

Geoff's recommendation is all I need to see -- I'll certainly add this title to my library!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

I bought it up in the Eagle's Nest 2 years ago.

Markus

Comment

Anyone who hasn't stayed at the Zum Turken has missed out on one of the best historical experiences at Berchtesgaden... been there 4 times now. Love that place..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X