Looking for The Iron Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for The Iron Time

Hey guys, I need some help. I have looked EVERYWHERE for The Iron Time, and cannot find it. Nothing left on Winidore Press or Amazon.com or Abebooks! Does anyone know where I might get one???

Originally posted by gsiemens
    Hey guys, I need some help. I have looked EVERYWHERE for The Iron Time, and cannot find it. Nothing left on Winidore Press or Amazon.com or Abebooks! Does anyone know where I might get one???
    Hi Gerri,

Tried myself tonight .... wow ... popular book:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Searching for books where
    Author is Stephen Thomas Previtera
    Title is The Iron Time: A History of the Iron Cross

Sorry, no listings were found.

The Muze database of books suggests that the book with ISBN "0967307007" is in print in the US. Unfortunately, none of the 60,000+ booksellers whose inventories we search appear to have any copies for sale.

It's possible that the book may be available from the publisher; please contact the publisher for further details. A general search engine (e.g. Google) may help you track down the publisher, or you can try asking your local reference librarian for help.

ISBN:0967307007Title:The Iron Time: A History of the Iron CrossAuthor:Stephen Thomas PreviteraPublisher:Winidore PubnsEdition:Hardcover
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That sux. It;s a great book ... hope you find a copy

Comment

Has anybody thought to ask author Stephen Previtera? being the moderator in the Iron Cross section he may have the 411

Comment

Hi,

You could try Landmark Military Books:http://www.landmarkmilitarybooks.com/
        I had a quick look through and found the book. I have bought books from them myself, the site doesn't indicate if the book you want is in stock. You could always send an e-mail to see if they have it in stock though.

This is the info on the site:

THE IRON TIME A HISTORY OF THE IRON CROSS

Stephen T Previtera
        A supeb book. The various chapters are loaded with full colour photos of the orders and documents, which are are produced in incredible detail . The author has provided enlargements of all the fine details, plus showing the medal from the obverse, reverse and edge views. Also includes detailed analysis of construction and markings. The many chapters show photos of every grade of the Order of the Iron Cross. Also the book covers the many cassettes and award documents of famous recipients of the Knight’s Cross and the grades of Oakleaves,Swords and Diamonds. Additionally the author has added a chapter covering a series of interviews with Knight’s Cross holders full colour photos 472pp. Over 1,000 Colour photos
        PRICE: £99.00

Cheers

James.

Comment

Originally posted by James E.
          Hi,

You could try Landmark Military Books:http://www.landmarkmilitarybooks.com/
          I had a quick look through and found the book. I have bought books from them myself, the site doesn't indicate if the book you want is in stock. You could always send an e-mail to see if they have it in stock though.

This is the info on the site:

THE IRON TIME A HISTORY OF THE IRON CROSS

Stephen T Previtera
          A supeb book. The various chapters are loaded with full colour photos of the orders and documents, which are are produced in incredible detail . The author has provided enlargements of all the fine details, plus showing the medal from the obverse, reverse and edge views. Also includes detailed analysis of construction and markings. The many chapters show photos of every grade of the Order of the Iron Cross. Also the book covers the many cassettes and award documents of famous recipients of the Knight’s Cross and the grades of Oakleaves,Swords and Diamonds. Additionally the author has added a chapter covering a series of interviews with Knight’s Cross holders full colour photos 472pp. Over 1,000 Colour photos
          PRICE: £99.00

Cheers

James.
          Yeah .. but 99 Pounds = $225 Can$

It's good .. but not THAT good

Plus ... about $25 for shipping and another $20 for customs fees ... looking at close to $275 by the time it arrives.

Comment

I agree totally. I don't think I could part with that amount either. I've done a rough calculation of the the total amount I've spent on reference books (Niemann's being the latest addition) and it's a lot of money!!!

Cheers

James.

Comment

Originally posted by James E.
              I agree totally. I don't think I could part with that amount either. I've done a rough calculation of the the total amount I've spent on reference books (Niemann's being the latest addition) and it's a lot of money!!!

Cheers

James.
              True. It really burns me when these other outfits can charge over twice the amount that it was originally sold for by the author

I believe I got it for about $85US if I remember correctly.

Comment

I suppose if enough people gripe to Windmere Pub, they might do a reprint later down the line.

Comment

iron time

Originally posted by gsiemens
                  www.worldofwarfare.co.uk has iron time £85 email info@worldofwarfare.co.uk arthur thornton the seller good bloke good serviece had a lot of book's over the years.hope it help's

Comment

Originally posted by VonLuger
                    Has anybody thought to ask author Stephen Previtera? being the moderator in the Iron Cross section he may have the 411
                    Hi all: Yes, I did contact Stephen, who then searched . . . and found me one! He said it was the last one in the office and he had used it as a reference, so it is slightly used. . . IMO that is better than new--owning the book that the author used!!!

Thanks to all who helped me! You are a great bunch of guys!!!

Gerri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X