Colditz! TV show UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colditz! TV show UK

In the show Colditz, does anyone know what Cap badge "Captain Winters" was wearing on his Tam 'o' Shanter? What do people think about the sitcom? I think its quite good, apart from the bad scottish accent!

Preferred

I preffered the 1970's BBC series ....
    At least that series was based as far as possible on true events.

This latest effort tends to slip towards the hashing of the truth .. mixing fact and fiction ... which of course tends to "muddy" reality.

Regards

Gary J.

Comment

I thought it was pretty entertaining.

Will definately watch the second half tomorrow.

Don't know on the badge though. Sorry.

Mark.

Comment

Yeah I know every Scottish cap badge so wondering if this one is a fantasy badge made up. Did anyone spot the double decal M42 helmet on the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Brown
          Yeah I know every Scottish cap badge so wondering if this one is a fantasy badge made up. Did anyone spot the double decal M42 helmet on the show?
          Thought it was pretty lame. The escape through the crap tunnel was the best bit ! Hope the second half is better.The story has already been told and I don't think this gives us a lot more interest.

Comment

Slightly off topic but we were down at the cabin this easter and we took an old board game called 'Escape from Colditz' with us which have had since i was a kid and haven't played in years. Anyway, the box cover has a huge swastika emblazoned on the front and most of the cards have swastikas on the back. I somehow don't think it'd be approved of in this day and age
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Does anyone know what the machine gun was that the Germans had mounted in the lookout towers?

They used is during Rose's escape.

Thanks.

Mark.

Comment

Yeah never seen that before!! If they had fired an MG42 at him they certainly would have taken the forest down and him too

Comment

Did you notice the guards on the train, one of them was wearing a SPANISH lid, repainted.
                  A friend reckons he saw a gas mask cannister that was post-war,(the 'flask' type ones that weigh over 2 kilo).
                  No expense spared from the Beeb.
                  No idea what the cap badge was on the 'Aberdonian, come Glaswegion accented LT, (I've heard much worse right enough).

Anyway, this will probably go down as much as a fart in a spacesuit but here goes...

Any evidence of ACTUAL fake period stuff?
                  ie - Allied uniform, converted to German? or uniform converted to civilian clothes? False passports? papers?ink-stamps - stuff that maybe if it was to turn up today, and be laughed for being bad fakes?

I'm thinking, maybe there are 'fakes', which are period, which may be getting dismissed as trash, but in reality, would be worth as much, if not considerably more than the real thing?(Used/converted by POW's).

Does anything like this exist anywhere, museum or such?
                  Would this question be worthy of it's own thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R
                    Does anyone know what the machine gun was that the Germans had mounted in the lookout towers?

They used is during Rose's escape.

Thanks.

Mark.
                    I think it was a Czech MG....the name escapes me

Dave

Comment

The machine gun shown was a Czech ZB.37.

At least the real castle was used. It was intresting to see Colditz since my last visit.

Comment

So i TAKE THE 70'S VERSION WAS ALOT BETTER?

Comment

Hiya ROB ,
                          the 1970`s Colditz was superb ,i think it was one of the first to to get away from the ` were british ,so stiff uper lip ` and all german guards are thick goons ,
                          well worth seeing on vid or DVD if you get the chance ,
                          regards ,Michael.
                          p.s SIMON the colditz box lid you have is the earlier one i think , the one with the two escapers crawling in the grass ? i believe this was re designed quite soon after the games introduction , the new one had bits of kit and documents on the front , should be worth a few quid ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X