No announcement yet.

Der Hauptmann - The Captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guard personnel assigned to Strafgefangenenlager Esterwegen, which was also in the Emsland...the same area as where the sub camp events occurred in the film...wore the exact uniform in question as shown in the pic above during the 1930's. The camp during that time was also run by the SA. That's an impressive amount of detail by whoever did the research for the film.
    Last edited by Edward; 09-02-2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Interesting.

Here is another screen capture, showing the "SA" leader.
      The man on the far right of the foto (with the broken arm) is Justizdienst, and the movie makes clear that only they had authority over the disposition of the internees.
      (However, the SA leader conspired with "Der Hauptmann" to make sure they gained control).
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Period photo of a Justice Official (they wore green uniforms with green piping, and gilt eagles on their visors).
        (Credit: Todd G)
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos. The SA Stab originally at Esterwegen lost overall operational control sometime during 1936. Interesting that the SA remained assigned to the camps running things on a day to day basis in Emsland years afterward. The living conditions and treatment meted out to prisoners in Strafengangenlagers were no different than Kz's as shown in the film.

Comment

Well that was a very dark watch, at times just wasn’t sure I’d make it through till the end ,glad I did though as it’s a very good movie👍

Comment

US/English [Region 1] version in Blu-Ray/DVD available through Amazon on 11-27-2018.

You can "Pre-Order" now:

https://www.amazon.com/Captain-Blu-r.../dp/B07FSRBWGQ

Comment

Just watched this on DVD.

An interesting film no doubt. Very well made with a keen attention to uniform and insignia detail. A very 'dark' film throughout and will definatly not suit everyone.

That said, I would much rather watch films such as this compared to the Hollywood 'junk' which we are sometimes subjected to.

Well worth a watch.

Regards Richard.
                Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

I would recommend to watch!! Whole movie I was not sure whether I like or not but in the end, I had that feeling that it was simply perfect in every way. Some little mistajes but over it was a perfect movie.

Comment

Very fine movie. I enjoyed watching it for sure. Tom

Comment

I watched the movie on Amazon and I really liked it. As stated by others it was very dark. I watched it thinking it was a fantasy script. I googled it after the movie and found it to be based on a true story and except for a little artistic license it followed the real story very well.

Comment

Good movie, good actors but severely depressing to watch. Clearly demonstrates the moral degeneracy of the Nazi-system. Glad the Brits caught and executed the 'Hauptmann' what a mfahole.

Comment

Hello,
                          It's a very good movie.
                          One thing I didn't understand is why they showed the Schnell Gericht Herold gang in modern days bullying local people at the end of the movie ? I didn't understand the intention.

Comment

It’s on Sky for U.K. members.

As said, a good film. Very interesting to read up on Willi Herold, I didn’t know about him before watching this.

Comment

Also, it’s in colour not black and white. Obviously filmed in both.

Comment

Fascinating movie. When you watch it keep in mind it is based on a true story.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X