PBS Secrets of the Dead - "Bugging Hitler's Soldiers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBS Secrets of the Dead - "Bugging Hitler's Soldiers"

Just saw this one a few days ago. According to the documentary, Nazi generals were taken to a mansion and treated with the utmost respect, allowed to drink beer on Hitler's birthday, given anything they wanted.

Unkonwn to them, the entire house and even the trees outside were bugged. One general knew about the V1 rocket program at Pina Munda and it was subsequently bombed the next week.

It also destroyed the narrative that the regular army didn't know about the death camps. Records were never used in Nuremburg trials as Britain wanted to keep their methods hidden.

If this thread is anything like the "Hunting Hitler" thread, I'm about to get called a conspiracy theorist for watching a program.

There was at least one book published on this a few years back:
    “Soldaten - On Fighting, Killing and Dying: The Secret Second World War Tapes of German POWs” by Sonke Neitzel,‎ Harald Welzer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soldaten-Fi.../dp/1849839492

It makes for a very interesting read.

Regards,
    Michael

Comment

Was the program talking about Trent Park in North London?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_...cond_World_War

Comment

I believe it must have been - though I’ve not seen it.

Michael

Comment

The German hierarchy is known to have read private letters written by soldiers fighting in Russia....It was done to determine their morale and commitment to the war.....Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X