Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divisional Reference Books

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know of any reference books that describe wehrmacht divisions and where they served. I am not interested in the components (ie regiments). I have Natizer (forget the spelling of his name) books, but am looking for where those divisions served. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Bradd

Well Tessin has this info but it depends how far you want to go?
    Tessin has date, Korps, Armee, Heeresgruppen and place but it could just say June Bialystok for example.
    To get a better idea then simply refer to the Korps info and this does give dates, which Divisions where under the Korps and what particular battles they took part in......
    e.g. 2-7.9.1941 Schlacht bei Bialystok und Dniepr übergang.

For further info on a day by day then yes you do need the Divisional history.

Are you interested in a particular Division or is this just a query?

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Good Division history is 6. ID. with(Stellenbesetzung,KSTN, Plans)

Good Pzgr Div is the 29, PzgrDIv from Podzun Verlag....

Comment

Thanks Ian and Tommy for replying to my question. I am looking for a general reference book/books that would list the Wehrmact divisions and where they fought. I agree tessan would be great, but if I bought that, my wife would beat me up

Sincerely

Bradd

Comment

The cheap Version is....

Die cheap Version is 'Die Truppenkennzeichen der dt. Wehrmacht und Wss und die Einsätze im 2. Weltkrieg...This are 4 Books with a short Division History...... See under Reference Books...from Akira...

Comment

The best and cheapest English version is Hitler's Legions . Lists all divisions (Infantry and Panzer) with brief histories. Check www.abebooks.com

Rick

Comment

Thank You Rick and Tommy for replying. Hitler's Legions sounds interesting. I think I will give it a try.

Sincerely

Bradd

Comment

Bradd,

Here is a link to someone selling one for $20.00. Well worth it for the money.

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/abe/Book...s?bi=149564046

Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick

Bradd

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X