Dunkirk poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunkirk poll

Good debate on Dunkirk,with a few mixed reviews.Id be interested to see the overall opinion...so,lets have a poll
    Excellent
    23.71%
    Mediocre
    21.13%
    Passable
    24.23%
    Utter drivel
    30.93%

Are we talking about the super black and white John Mills version or that utter crap new movie were im sure the director knew nothing about the evacuation at all

Comment

I voted "Passable." The film failed to live up to its full potential for sure. It is not one that I will be quick to watch a second time, but not total garbage either.

Comment

Worth a look but I did fall asleep watching it. 4/10

Comment

Not the best, but OK. Tom

Comment

Should have showed more about fighting around Dunkirk, from both sides.

Comment

Utter crap, did not even finish watching it. I don't think the director ever saw a single shot of Dunkirk during the war. J

Comment

A meaningless film. It does not even have the excuse to be connected to an anniversary, but it is well known that cinematography is a great art in the hands of real artists and is instead only political-propaganda garbage in the hands of people with less noble purposes ... perhaps a subliminal justification of the first Brexit about eighty years later?

Best regards

Comment

I'll go ahead and be unpopular, that's nothing new.

I thought the film was OK. If good for nothing else at least it probably introduced our current history-ignorant generation to the fact that Dunkirk even happened. Even if not 100% accurate (and few movies are) at least some people set down their video game, got off the couch, went to the cinema and learned a little bit about history.

Comment

Originally posted by TWS View Post
                    I'll go ahead and be unpopular, that's nothing new.

I thought the film was OK. If good for nothing else at least it probably introduced our current history-ignorant generation to the fact that Dunkirk even happened. Even if not 100% accurate (and few movies are) at least some people set down their video game, got off the couch, went to the cinema and learned a little bit about history.
                    Todd, it would have been more realistic in animation. J

Comment

Ive watched Private Ryan,Das Boot,Downfall,Where Eagles Dare,Fury etc numerous times.I decided to give Dunkirk another try as it was on the tv over Xmas.Couldnt take more than 10 minutes before i had to turn it off.Pure unwatchable muck.

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                        Todd, it would have been more realistic in animation. J
                        Great idea. That may have induced even more of the "kids" to watch it.

Comment

Lacked the congestive atmosphere I envisaged the Dunkirk beaches to have had.
                          The almost total lack of sighted german soldiers (except for few scattered aircraft), seemed to be done with the lean to political correctness.

A bit bland for me.

Comment

Right, too clean and perfect which was not real war at that action. The opening scenes with the pristine buildings? The Germans bombed and shelled that town like crazy. The director said he studied the war footage and still missed so much. Not enough budget or just stupid?

Comment

I rated it G for garbage .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X