Kindels book available again - highly recommended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindels book available again - highly recommended

I want to recommend here a brandnew excellent reference book.

Richard Kindel is the son of a former member of the 8. Panzerdivision (army) and has already published a fantastic book in 1991.
    This 1991 publication has been out of print for a long time and sometimes was offered at Ebay for rather high prices.

Now Kindel has published an updated and revised new edition just a few months ago.

I have his new edition right here and I must say - very well done Mr. Kindel.
    This book is an outstanding source for all kind of collectors.

Just a few impressions here:

It is big size, 720 ! pages, all in full color on high glossy paper in best quality.
    Although it mainly deals with the history of the 8. Panzerdivision, Kindel has depicted a wide overview of all kind of Militaria that the soldiers of the 8th had.
    Uniforms, headgear, insignia, even beer-mugs, dedicated gifts, edged weapons, flags and banners, awards, documents, soldbooks and of course thousands of period photos.
    History of all knights-cross recipients as well as also the story of "common" soldiers.

This is not just an updated version of the 1991 print - it is a brandnew publication.
    I have the 1991 book already but I have to say, I am glad that I bought the 2004 book now, cause it is much much better.

Kindel has self-published that book and I presume that this costs him more money as what he could get with the sale.

Here is a link where You can order it directly from the author:

http://www.archiv-8panzer-division.de

The price is close to 100 Euro but it is worth every cent.
    However I want to add that the book is only in german, but it is full of pictures that need no translation.
    Yes folks, I am absolutely enthusiastic about this book, but when You get Yours You will understand it.

Kind regards
    Robert

Nice looking book Robert. It appears this is only part 1 with part 2 to follow in May.
    Richard V

Comment

I also reccomend this book.......I had the pleasure of buying it off Herr Kindel personally in Kassel last November....really looking forward to the 2nd part also. It is an amazing document......and a MUST have for any decent library.
      Cheers, Wade K.

Comment

One of those photos appears to show a red cross dagger. Just curious about its connection to a Panzer division.

Comment

I'm sold!

Comment

Originally posted by CollectRussia
            One of those photos appears to show a red cross dagger. Just curious about its connection to a Panzer division.

Comment

My #1 Favorite Book

I purchased Richard Kindel's book when I first came out and even today I feel it is the finest book ever produced on the Panzertruppen. I look forward to getting this new revised version.
              Thank you Robert for making us aware of it!
              Best Regards
              Mike

Comment

Your book is the Best!

Kenneth

Originally posted by Michael H. Pruett
                I purchased Richard Kindel's book when I first came out and even today I feel it is the finest book ever produced on the Panzertruppen. I look forward to getting this new revised version.
                Thank you Robert for making us aware of it!
                Best Regards
                Mike

Comment

Robert, thanks for the link. Looks like a good reference book.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X