Books on Luftwaffe Uniforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books on Luftwaffe Uniforms?

Hello everyone, What are some must have titles on Collecting Luft Uniforms?

thanks

Dan Plomish

James Benders Air organisations of the Third Reich: Luftwaffe has good pics and illustrations. But I don't know if it's a must or not..
    Antti

Comment

The Brian L Davis 2 volume set (about $40) and the Angolia 3 vol set (OOP and pricey I guess around $300 now?) Progers 2 vol "RAF vs. Luftwaffe" is allright, but you're paying for RAF materials that you might not want and the beat condition of a lot of the pieces photographed is a turn-off. I never bought a copy.

Comment

thanks guys

Thanks, Whats the name of Brians set?

Thanks

Comment

nevermind

Thanks guys I found them, much aprreciated, are these more just photos, or do they get into detail of the uniforms?

Comment

Angolia gets into the details. Of course, no reference book will tell you everything you need to know. That's a matter of hands-on inspection, and discussion with knowledgable collectors.

Comment

I believe Davis is "Uniforms and Insignia of the Luftwaffe". Also, an excellent photo reference, although not entirely related to the Luftwaffe, is Kurtz' latest volume on The Afrika Korp. Naturally Kurtz' book on German Paratrooper has great photos and references if the fallschirmjager are of interest. Along the same line is Chris Mason's book on the Fallschirmjäger as part of the Soldat series.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X