My thoughts on the "DUNKIRK" film - praises and prblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts on the "DUNKIRK" film - praises and prblems

Ju87 - I am going to be biast about the Ju87 Siren...as I helped the sound department with that. Siren and CGI was GREAT!

He111 - the CGI was AMAZING. Most CGI aircraft "look" CGI ("Red Tails", for example)...this was DAMN good. I know no He111's are currently airworthy, so going in, I knew it was fake...but DAMN, I could not tell. AMAZING

the PROBLEM was with the guns. the dorsal gun should have been an MG81 or MG15...HOWEVER...the rate of fire and sound was that of an MG151 or MK108. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to loud. Only mistake I saw.

Me109 - they should have CGI'd this. it was obvious that it was a Buchon...

Spitfires - all fuselage codes were the same - which leads me to believe they only used one in the film, and then duplicated it for the formation flying - the codes all should have been different.

Best scenes are with Spitfire pilots and radio chatter.

Worst scene is when Tom Hardy landed wheels up on the beach, only to get captured. Before that, he flew around in his Spit, with no fuel and prop drag as the engine cut out...for what seemed to be about 10 minutes at around 1000 feet, making numerous turns (including shooting down an aircraft)...which was odd.

He had MORE than enough time to ditch in the water, and get picked up by the British ships...instead...he opts to do a wheels down landing on the beach...not a very good idea as he was landing on sand. After he completed a perfect landing, he exists, and burns the aircraft. this is where the BIGGEST problem happened.

As the Spitfire burns, you can TELL it is a model, as there is NO engine in it! the prop and spinner are attached to the fuselage with a pipe that extends from the spinner to the firewall...talk about a major screw up! after all the amazing CGI and model work, how could this one detail be over-looked?

The film only shows around 10 civilian ships collecting the soldiers...when in reality HUNDREDS of ships came to their rescue. They even state in the film they collected 350000 men...but no one saw all these men...nor the ships that collected them. It was basically 10 ships and 300 men or so that I saw.

If you have NO CLUE what happened at Dunkirk, then you will be lost from the very beginning. Nothing is really told in detail going in...you are basically thrown into the action, and are expected to know what has happened up to this point of time.

There were a lot of young people in the audience...and I guarantee they really had no clue.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=920597

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X