Fine Book from a Great Book Dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine Book from a Great Book Dealer

Edward R. Hamilton, a bookseller out of Falls Village, CT, sells many of the books of interest to collectors on this forum, at a discount; this includes Schiffer books. He charges a total of $3.50 postage in the U.S. regardless of how many books you order. That adds to one's savings substantially when ordering multiple books. Hamilton accepts only checks and money orders in payment. He mails a listing but can also be found on the net:
    http://www.edwardrhamilton.com

The following is a fascinating book, hardback, listed by Hamilton at only $3.95: "ANOTHER RIVER, ANOTHER TOWN: A Teenage Tank Gunner Comes of Age in Combat - 1945" by John P. Irwin. This young soldier completed tank gunner training at Fort Knox before shipping out to europe. From a repple-depple in Stolberg Germany he was trucked to a frozen field filled with armored and support vehicles where he was quickly and informally assigned to the 33rd Armored Rgt of the 3 Armored Div. His intiation was intense, surprising and humerous. After combat for some time in the M4 Sherman, his short-handed crew was given an M26 Pershing with no training and turned loose. He later describes his crew's combat and defeat of a Tiger. The author provides a good insight into the daily life of a U.S. tank crew.

You can find the book on the Edward R. Hamilton site if you click onto "SEARCH," then click "AUTHOR" and type in "John Irwin." Click the search icon and the author and his book title will come up. If you click on the book title more information to include price will appear.

I have bought many books from Hamilton over the past 20 years. He is a good man to deal with.

Hi Tim,

I deliver this guys's catalog on my route,(I'm a mail man) and have seen some military books on the cover. Thanks for the heads up! I believe the term is repo- depo(replacement depot) by the way.
    Yours,
    Terry Keller
    "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
    Rammstein

Comment

The term "repple-depple" is a quote from the book. It is a term I am familiar with and I will go with the author's term as he was there in 1945.

Comment

I personally have interviewed and known 50-100 WW2 vets and most that said anything about it called it repo-depo, and I believe them as most were there from 1938 thru 1946. However, I have seen it and heard it said how you say it is also. No dis-respect meant.

Yours,
        Terry Keller
        "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
        Rammstein

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X