Leni Riefenstahl books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leni Riefenstahl books

Any thoughts on the best books by or about Leni?

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
    Any thoughts on the best books by or about Leni?
    I don't know any good books on her, but there was a decent movie in the 1990s. The Wonderful Horrible Life of Leni Riefenstahl.

Comment

I've seen that. There is also a hour long interview at age 100 on DVD - that's what sent me looking for her books.

Comment

There's a book called 'Last of the Nuba' which covers her photos of remote African tribes.
        I can't remember if there was a great deal of information about her though.
        There's also 'People of Kau' but I've never seen it.
        Last edited by Herr Lyppe; 05-19-2017, 12:27 AM.

Comment

I have a copy of "Last of the Nuba" which has been in my library for at least two decades -- four decades if it's a First Edition -- but my library is in nearly complete chaos ever since I moved two years ago. Haven't had time to rethink the order and go through all the volumes to make sense of it in this space. I really don't recall how much biographical -- or autobiographical -- detail is provided between those boards.

Like "Last of the Nuba," "The People of Kau" has gone through two editions (1976 and 1997 in that case) and there are many examples available for quite reasonable prices; check the out-of-print websites for reference. I am not familiar with this title.

Hope this is helpful in some way,

Br. James

Comment

I know that she has an autobiography out which some people have been critical of as not truthful - for example her accounts of her relationships with high govt. officials like Goebbels and Hitler. I was wondering if there are good biographies by others out there covering the pre 1945 period. The post war photo books are excellent but I am looking for accounts of the early days of the NSDAP.

Comment

Servus Brian,

Here's a biography that I found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Leni-Riefenst...ni+Riefenstahl

Horrido!

Patrick

Comment

I have several, one is this one: Leni Riefenstahl -five lives published by Taschen. A coffee table book, the other is the autobiography of her that was published in 1993, a very good book. Both are highly recommended by me.

Comment

Thanks to all for the tips. I believe Leni tried to minimize any possible connection to "war crimes" in her later years, much like Albert Speer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X